+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: noob questions / answers

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
hi, first post here... i've been lurking around for some time reading different topics and so forth... unfortunately i a bit confused about where to start. i couldn't find any
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default noob questions / answers
    hi,

first post here...

i've been lurking around for some time reading different topics and so forth...

unfortunately i a bit confused about where to start. i couldn't find any guides for noobs like myself.

i just got iPhone which is 1.1.2 (oob) and wondering if i can jailbreak it. i know that it can't be unlicked and it's fine with me since i'm on AT&T anyway.

also what are the main benefits of jailbreaking the phone? what essential third part applications are out there that worth installing? (the only apps i saw were web based)

also is there a place for people like me who pretty much explored default functions and looking for some tweaking?

any info is appreciated! sorry if these questions have been asked before.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes you can jailbreak it, and you haven't looked much because there are a ton of native third party apps there. You need to install Installer app on your phone to get native apps. Check the Wiki on how to jailbreak and install the Installer app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default thanks
    thanks for replies! I just purchased iDemocracy guide which seems to have enough info to start...

a quick Q though: what is a main difference between iDemocracy and other jailbraking software? will i be able to use same third party app no matter which application i choose to use?