Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Load Web Page Stored on iPhone

Default Load Web Page Stored on iPhone
    So, I have a web page file (jsp extension if it matters) that I need to open on my iPhone. I can get it on my phone via ssh. How would I open it in Safari? I tried the url with file:// but it gave me an error saying that it couldn't open it because it was a local file. Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks!

I have no idea if this will work but I recall seeing an Apache package in installer.

In theory you would install the package, put the file under the directory 'htdocs' through SSH, and access it via http://127.0.0.1/file.ext

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bugme For This Useful Post:

Knolly (12-02-2007)

Thanks! This did the trick although I wasn't able to do what I wanted to do to the page itself, but I was able to access it the way you suggested.

Old thread but with this method could I save wavepages to my PC using Httracker or the likes and SSH into iphone using Winscp and view the Saved webpage using the safari browser? I dont like the methods employed requiring an internet connection to save the webpage for later use. That has never worked for me.