+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SUMMERBOARD CRASHES IPHONE!!! read all about it

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
well... im just recently figureing this out....its been goin on for a while and my fears might be correct with what you said about summerboard.... now it hasnt been crashing
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SubZ3r0's Avatar
    Thanks

Default SUMMERBOARD CRASHES IPHONE!!! read all about it
    well... im just recently figureing this out....its been goin on for a while and my fears might be correct with what you said about summerboard.... now it hasnt been crashing my fone...just making it LAGGG and slow and what not. when i recieve a text it will show the text then like..3 seconds later the phone will vibrate.. and didnt happen till i just installed summerboard.

also get issues when disconnecting from usb. also when i get calls i cant move the slider..cuz its freezing up...but if i anwser with bluetooth..were good...

i will be looking into this further to pinpoint the problem..i just installed 1.1.2 and its jailbroken and it waz working PERFECTLY...and thought so after summerboard installed..but maaaby not...

thoughts?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Turn the "Dim Wallpaper" under Summerboard off. That should solve the problem.

Thanks

i never had it dimmed to begin with :/...by default its off....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The only problem I have is occasional freezing. I can deal with that though because summerboard is worth it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

summerboard put me through hell before i restored. I was getting constant resprings and lock ups all day long.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have uninstalled summerboard for the same reason.

Thanks

im tellin ya...if themes arnt that important...and u can change icons with ease...uninstall springbard and launcher........ur fone will be streamlined and wont lag at all.....or freeze... mine hasnt so far.. and its working great....

i wish i could have a theme tho....but im working on that...and ill post about what works later..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you can have themes without summerboard just change manually then uninstall installed and summerboard if you want

Thanks

wanna reword that? haha... uninstall..installed? theme?..summerboard?...

i figured i could go in 1 by 1 and change everything..but it would take forever.

Thanks

I still want an easy way to have backgrounds without having to use Summerboard.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

exactly.....iswitcher waz good...i didnt have a problem with that.. i dont kno why its off installer.. but i do get that occasional lag...or freezing still..when it comes to text messaging...but its not as bad as it waz when using summerboard....but ill keep testing...installing..uninstalling to pinpoint the issue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SubZ3r0 View Post
    exactly.....iswitcher waz good...i didnt have a problem with that.. i dont kno why its off installer.. but i do get that occasional lag...or freezing still..when it comes to text messaging...but its not as bad as it waz when using summerboard....but ill keep testing...installing..uninstalling to pinpoint the issue
    iSwitcher was never "on" Installer but has been available from my source for several months.

I agree wholeheartedly, SummerBoard is a dog, resource wise...
    White 3G

Thanks

upgrade?....if you mean firmware..yes...i have 1.1.2 jailbroken... and instaleld the installer again..but i may need more community resources if im to find iswitcher...because i looked thru all available apps...and its not listed...so...also i seen MMI has there own now too...WOO...now i gotta go find it again haha..so i can add them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SubZ3r0 View Post
    upgrade?....if you mean firmware..yes...i have 1.1.2 jailbroken... and instaleld the installer again..but i may need more community resources if im to find iswitcher...because i looked thru all available apps...and its not listed...so...also i seen MMI has there own now too...WOO...now i gotta go find it again haha..so i can add them.
    Perhaps you need signatures enabled... the link has been in my sig for several months...

http://code.google.com/p/iswitcher/wiki/HowToAddSource
    White 3G

Thanks

gotcha.... its added got both loring and iswitcher added....thanks.

Thanks

summerboard is a *****, man... I had got rid of it for the same reasons above... freezed everything, I would be doing something like browsing with safari and then BAM...back to main menu by itself....