Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't boot

Default iPhone won't boot
    Hey all, really up the creek with this one!

Installed the latest screwcommon update earlier, along with the latest touchpad pro at the same time. At this point, everything seemed to work. Installer told me to restart my iPhone, so I did. Didn't fully shut down, just started back up without me pressing the power button, which was a little strange.

Anyway, it worked at this stage. Shut down my phone later on, and restarted it (no changes made at this point), and now it's doing the apple logo hanging trick.

As far as I can see, I have a few options (not got much experience with this stuff)

1. DFU restore back to 1.1.4, jailbreak and then start again
    2. Do some magic and remove screwcommon (assume this is causing the issue) to get it working again (don't know if this is possible - need your help!). This is the most ideal situation, I'd prefer to keep all the apps I've got installed!
    3. Wait for the 2.0 firmware to come out (could be later today :P) and take it from there

Soooo... some help would be nice! I'm pretty screwed right now, so I'd love any input on this!

Cheers guys!

Well if it turns on far enough you could always try SSHing in to your iPhone and maually deleting it. =)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Safari For This Useful Post:

WARlrus (06-08-2008)

Okay, so I just try to connect to SSH and see if it works?! Sounds simple enough.

The phone is recognised by iTunes, strangely enough... but it is still showing the apple logo of death!

EDIT:
    OKAY! I'm in! Wooop

Now, any guidance as to what to delete would be greatly appreciated!

I saw skrew common, that seems to cause a sh1t load of problems. Causes my iPhone to wiz out too, thats why I uninstalled it

Okay, managed to sort the problem Thanks for the help guys!

If anyone else is having similar issues, here's what I did.

• Plugged iPhone into PC
    • Waited for iTunes to start sync
    • SSH into phone
    • Navigate to /Library/LaunchDaemons
    • Delete com.skrew.ringtones.plist (would keep a back up copy JIC)
    • Restart iPhone
    • Removed SkrewCommon using installer

Hope that helps

Thanks again for all the help guys, kept me sane in my hour of need :-D

Glad you got everything to work. =)

Default My Iphone doesnt boot up:-(
    Hello Guys,
    i have an iphone 1.1.2 upgraded to 1.1.4, when installing and changing some themes the iphone freeze, and when restart using the home and power key, it keep flaching showing the apple logo.
    i did a restore with set up as new Iphone twice, and i jailbroke it using Ilibirety+ in vain, Now when i turn it on it keep flaching showing apple Logo.
    but when i plagged into PC using USB , the iphone turns on Normally and works, when i removed the USB, it Starts flashing.
    Any idea guys please ? i need your help and your instructions, i will really appreciate it.
    THANK you so much

Quote Originally Posted by taoufikovich View Post
    Hello Guys,
    i have an iphone 1.1.2 upgraded to 1.1.4, when installing and changing some themes the iphone freeze, and when restart using the home and power key, it keep flaching showing the apple logo.
    i did a restore with set up as new Iphone twice, and i jailbroke it using Ilibirety+ in vain, Now when i turn it on it keep flaching showing apple Logo.
    but when i plagged into PC using USB , the iphone turns on Normally and works, when i removed the USB, it Starts flashing.
    Any idea guys please ? i need your help and your instructions, i will really appreciate it.
    THANK you so much
    I have 1.1.4 and had the same problem yesterday, I resolved it by deleting below lines from System>Library>LaunchDaemons\com.apple.SpringBoard .plist

HTML Code:
    <key>EnvironmentVariables</key>
    <dict>
    <key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>
    <string>/Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework/SummerBoard.dylib</string>
    </dict>
    This is my file after deleting above lines, use ibrickr to upload the file.

HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    	<key>Label</key>
    	<string>com.apple.SpringBoard</string>
    	<key>MachServices</key>
    	<dict>
    		<key>com.apple.springboard.migserver</key>
    		<true/>
    	</dict>
    	<key>OnDemand</key>
    	<false/>
    	<key>ProgramArguments</key>
    	<array>
    		<string>/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard</string>
    	</array>
    	<key>ServiceIPC</key>
    	<false/>
    	<key>UserName</key>
    	<string>mobile</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by myiPhoner; 07-15-2008 at 09:08 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to myiPhoner For This Useful Post:

taoufikovich (07-15-2008)

Default Please can you just explain more..
    Thank you so much for your answer Iphoner,
    No i tried all what you said but it doesnt work for me unfortunately,
    when i open that file using ibreak, it doesnt have the lines that you delete, mine it just the same that you copy after deleting, but the problem persist.
    Any other idea please ??
    Thnak you for your time
    Last edited by taoufikovich; 07-15-2008 at 11:36 PM.