Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Summerboard Uninstall
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM #1Summerboard Uninstall
OK, I have searched everyewhere for this and can't find it anywhere.
I am trying to uninstall Summerboard as Safari keeps crashing. I didn't have the dim switched on so it wasn't that causing the problem.
When I uninstall summerboard:
1. Scrolling is still available
2. Safari still keeps crashing
3. Home screen background hasn't changed back to normal wallpaper (it's still black as I switched it off in summerboard)
I need to know a couple of things:
1. What changes in springboard.app/ when you jailbreak and unlock?
2. What files does summerboard modify?
3. Does the "springboard" file in /springboard.app/ get patched when you jailbreak/unlock or install summerboard?
4. Is the "springboard" file in /springboard.app/ different in 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
5. Does anyone have a copy of the /springboard.app from 1.1.2 that I can use to replace my existing one - (assuming it will come from a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone, how else would you be able to access the file)
I would REALLY appreciate anyones help on this as I can't use safari at the moment.
Unlocked using anySim
11-27-2007, 02:52 PM #2
Restoring to 1.1.2 would be a lot easier and painless than messing about with individual files
11-27-2007, 02:57 PM #3
If I restore though it will wipe out the unlock, activation and jailbreak and I'll have to go through the whole process of downgrading and upgrading etc etc.
If someone could post the springboard.app from a unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone I could upload it and see if it works. If it deosn't then I will do the restore. I would just prefer to try the file first.
12-05-2007, 05:33 PM #4
OK so I finally gave in and restored. I still had to downgrade to 1.1.1 and then upgrade but everything was fine. And yes, the unlocked remained in place. I did not have to use anySIM again.
12-05-2007, 07:30 PM #5
Yeah well when you jailbreak 1.1.2 you will still have scrolling due to the stock springboard patch applied.