+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After upgrading to 1.1.1, Native/3rd party Apps crash

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Is anyone else experiencing a problem with their iphone where when you're in any application (native or 3rd party), your phone just closes the program and when you reenter, it
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default After upgrading to 1.1.1, Native/3rd party Apps crash
    Is anyone else experiencing a problem with their iphone where when you're in any application (native or 3rd party), your phone just closes the program and when you reenter, it closes repeatedly until your phone finally does a restart and then the app works. This has happened to me in every application on the iphone so far. Does anyone know how to fix this problem so its glitch free? I tried restoring my phone multiple times and even virginizing it and then unlocking it again but that doesn't seem to solve the problem. When I had an unlock 1.0.2, this was never the issue but when I virginized it, restored, upgraded to 1.1.1 and unlocked it, the problem came about. I unlocked my friends OTB 1.1.1 and she doesn't have this problem at all.

Thanks, Rick

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My roommate and I have had the same problem. I've just restored and not reinstalled anything, which makes me sad. I'd love to learn that there's a fix.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, when I didn't install anything, the glitch wasn't present but when I started to install programs, the glitch came back. =\

Thanks

DO you have BSD installed? I remember when I jailbroke my 1.1.1. ages ago it definitely needed BSD installed to keep the Apps running well.

Reako

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    DO you have BSD installed? I remember when I jailbroke my 1.1.1. ages ago it definitely needed BSD installed to keep the Apps running well.

Reako
    Yes I do. So I'm guessing I'm one of the few who have this problem =(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    are you running summerboard? the random crashing is a known issue caused by the "dim wallpaper" option. turn it off and enjoy..

update: summerboard was recently updated so im guessing they might have fixed the problem?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to slikk115 For This Useful Post:

patrick.springer (12-06-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slikk115 View Post
    are you running summerboard? the random crashing is a known issue caused by the "dim wallpaper" option. turn it off and enjoy..

update: summerboard was recently updated so im guessing they might have fixed the problem?
    hmm, Thanks for the tip! I will see if the crashing stops today when I use my phone.

Rick

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I'll have to try using the phone with dim background off and see if it makes a difference.

My crashes come in strings of three and occur in any app. First, you open an app and are working fine, then switch to another app shortly after. The phone lags and the new app quits. The best part is that now matter what, the next two apps you open always crash, with the final crash resulting in being kicked back to the unlock screen.

Is this what you're getting?

BTW: My issues started with 1.1.1. I had no problems with 1.0.2. Right now I'm running 1.1.2.
    Last edited by phatphil; 11-20-2007 at 08:11 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am expierencing the same issue. My issue has only happened with the Calander, Camera, Stocks, and Weather native apps so far. It seems to happen in 3's, the app opens and then suddenly it closes and goes back to the desktop. After 2 more times, the phone returns to the "locked" screen. I can then go back in and open the app. I am running 3.0b1 of Summberboard on v1.1.1 firmware. I have taken slikk115's advice and turned off the dim wallpaper feature and so far so good.

Another issue I noticed that may be associated to a Summerboard issue is that with the dim wallpaper feature on, the icons on the desktop were very sluggish to reappear when going between screens. When I turned the feature off, this has seemed to go away.

I also saw a mention that the BSD app should be installed. Currently the only items I have installed are Customize 1.18, Summerboard 3.0b1 and Installer 3. I am not running the BSD app.
    Last edited by patrick.springer; 12-06-2007 at 06:05 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Glad to see I'm not alone with this problem (well, not really glad, but you know what I mean).

My troubles started in 1.1.2. I restored, re-hacked and all was good. Then, Summerboard was updated this week. Like a dummy I updated it, the crashing app problem is back and in full force.

Like a previous poster said, they come in threes. Once I get one, I just open SMBPrefs twice until the iPhone kicks me back to the unlock screen.

Sucks to no end. As someone who is on conference calls for most of my day (on the iPhone), when this happens I sometimes loose functionality of the Mute button as well as the other buttons in the phone app. Surprisingly enough, the call has never dropped when the crash happens.

Unfortunately, I may restore when 1.1.3 comes out and wait for a new Jailbreak. I just need my iPhone to work.

Thanks for listening.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same app and restart problem and I am sure SummerBoard causes it. I don't know exactly if it is the dim option. Can anyone confirm that after switching off the dim option the crashes disapeared?

Thanks.