Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nes Help

Default Nes Help
    check it, im starting to get a lil frustrated here can qnyone help with details please:

1.now i conpleted appTapp for my iphone

2.i installed lots of apps, but i gues the main ones for NESapp are:

BSD Subsystem
    Dock
    OpenSSH
    NES (version 1.11.2)

3. I downloaded WinSCP, i typed in my host name( 192.168.x.xxx), port number :22, user name: root password: alpine ( dottie didnt work for me, but alpine did) and i switched the file protocol to: SCP.

i was able to login in......NOW:

i seen to sets of windows..one on left (for my CPU) and one on right(for Iphone)

4.i clicked the drop down menu under default tab and set it to / <root>

5.then i clicked the Var folder

6.then clicked the Root folder

7.then clicked Media folder

8.i then created a new folder called "ROMs" and then clicked on that folder

9.i then created another folder called "NES".

i went to a website that i googled for NES ROMS..downloaded them and then extracted file.....i then drag and drop the NES.app into the nes folder

BUT NOW I STILL DONT HAVE NES GAMES ON MY IPHONE

WHEN I LAUNCH APP IS SAYS " No NES ROMs were found

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I WENT WRONG OR WHAT OTHER STEPS I NEED TO COMPLETE THIS............KEEP IN MIND IM RUNNING WINDOWS ON MY CPU...THANKS

Just download Swell's installer source. It installs a pack of games, then it is much easier to find where to put ROMS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

bxbrova718 (11-01-2007)

where would i download swells installer source from?

Default Try this way
    All you have to do is put roms in var/root/Media/ROMs/Nes using ibrickr. If
    you dont have ibrickr install it from here http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

If your not familiar with it, you have to extract ibrickr then open ibrickr and run it. After that plug in your iphone into computer.Once iphones plugged in ibrickr will notice your iphone. Select files from ibrickr menu, its on the left under applications. On the image of the iphone to the right scroll to var, click that, then click on root, then click on media. Once your in media you'll have to create a new folder. Put ROMs as the new folder name.Make sure you spell it just like that. After that click on ROMs and then create another folder in there. Call that folder NES. After that click on NES folder and you should be in the folder. There should be nothing displaying on the screen because this is where you download the ROMS. After you download roms make sure you extract them before you put them in the NES folder. If you dont they will not work. Look on google to find sites that will let you download ROMs for free, there are a couple. Good luck if you choose to follow these direction. If you do everything I said you should have games on iphone in no time. It may seem like alot of work, but once you know what your doing its alot easier than doing it over SSH in my opinion.

You can use this site to download roms from. http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libara...ms_summary.htm

Jordan
    Last edited by jrdan24; 11-01-2007 at 05:14 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

thread moved!

please post in the right forums...
    mod edit, old signature removed

Quote Originally Posted by bxbrova718 View Post
    where would i download swells installer source from?
    Here is the source you need: http://lyndellwiggins.com/Swell.xml

i am truely sorry if i posted on the wrong forum page..but i want to thank u jrdan24 it worked out fine for me