+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone stuck in reboot loop after installer update

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
its hightymes source stay away!!!!! http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ht=reboot+loop ck my post to get out of rebootloop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

its hightymes source stay away!!!!!http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ht=reboot+loop ck my post to get out of rebootloop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question How do I upgrade now?
    Hi Friends... i had installed a theme from hightymes source which led me into the same weird problem

Now as i was using unlocked 1.0.2, i take this as an opportunity to upgrade to 1.1.2. I know i just dont have to upgrade it directly... so plz assist me what is to be done... so that i dont land into even more serious crap... i have also read about it is unsafe to directly upgrade to 1.1.1 because some problems in Anysim. And revirginzing tools that i found on net either require SSH or require installer.app, neither of which can be applied as the phone doesn't work!

Another thing is i bought my iphone unlocked so i dont know which unlock method is used... but just for a hint i had seen unlock.app in application list in xlauncher app.

Plz help

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yep, jedi's cracked it. I updated my installer on the 23rd Jan. After that it all went normally, this tuesday i went to a party and, amazed by all the cool apps that my friend had, i added some new sources: hightymes was between 'em. I then started getting the Error: (something to do with scripts), i turned it off and then on again thinking it was one of those passager bugs, but it wasn't, now my iPhone is in a complete mess. However if i do restore it it will go to 1.1.3, and i can't unlock or downgrade that, can I? (if i can pls pm me) - my dad told me before i bought it that it was one of those things that I would play with for a month, then it would break. I'm actually 13 and I live in Brazil. Please I'm desperate for your help! Someone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Similar problem
    I was following Nates instructions and using ibricker to downgrade to 1.1.0.2. (I think this is the wrong version) Got stuck in reboot loop. Restore fails. As soon as I plug the usb cable into the iphone Itunes loads and I get the apple logo then the yellow triangle with please coonect to itunes message. If I unplug the usb it stops at the triangle and after a few seconds shuts off. Sometimes a blue sreen will flash behind yellow the triangle.

If I leave it connected it seems to be echoing some code. Anyone know a way to kick it out of the loop?

Am I screwed??

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

wow totally was stuck on 1.1.4 after installing a bunch of apps and going back to the homescreen my phone froze so i did a hard restart but then it was stuck on the apple screen with the loading circle I thought I was going to have to reboot but luckily I am smart lol so what I did was go into iphonebrowser and deleted one of the apps I installed the one I deleted ended up being TTR and then i restarted my phone and boom it loaded lol cant beleive that worked!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok now how do I get rid of that source form ssh?

Thanks

If you have no way of restoring you can hold power and home button as soon as it goes black release and then hit power very quickly and you can get it to stay off rather then cycling through the reboot. This will allow you to charge it until you can get home to restore it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default stuck after unistall winterboard
    pls help me... i accidentally uninstall winterboard on my iphone. from that i cant on my phone.... how to overcome this problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,665 Times in 5,930 Posts

^ try doing holding power and home buttons and reboot. If this doesn't work for you you may have to DFU and restore your phone. More info would have been helpful. Type of phone, OS, Mac/PC

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i cant reboot my i phone. mine is 2nd generation(2g) upgraded to 3.0

Thanks

Then your going to have to put it in DFU mode, restore in iTunes.
    In case you need them here are instructions.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative method.
    Step 1. While the device is on, hold down the Sleep / Wake and Home buttons for exactly 10 seconds, the device will restart.
    Step 2. Release the Sleep / Wake button, but keep holding down the Home button for another 10 seconds.
    Step 3. Release the Home button.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im already did it but cant on. so now i connect to itunes in dfu mode.
    after thet what to do? how to upgrade to 3.0,,,,

Thanks

If you using iTunes 8.2 just click restore.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123