Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer icon disappeared

Default Installer icon disappeared
    Hello everybody. I have a 1.0.2 hacked iPhone which I bought with installer.app already installed. Started to install some applications when I realized (too late) I had to install summerboard to access to more than 16 icons. And unfortunatelly Installler is the one that disappeared, so I am not able to uninstall any application nor install summerboard.

What can I do?

Please Help!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rdossa View Post
    Hello everybody. I have a 1.0.2 hacked iPhone which I bought with installer.app already installed. Started to install some applications when I realized (too late) I had to install summerboard to access to more than 16 icons. And unfortunatelly Installler is the one that disappeared, so I am not able to uninstall any application nor install summerboard.

What can I do?

Please Help!
    Thanks
    backup your phone (and pics) and upgrade to 1.1.1. 1.0.2 will be vapor soon. nes and installer both use the new 1.1.1 firmaware with a slick interface, 1.0.2 is not recommended.

Use iBrickr to install Summerboard.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lgreenberg For This Useful Post:

joedornan (10-22-2007), rdossa (10-21-2007)

Thanks lgreenberg. Used iBrickr. Everything fine!
    Saved my day!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yes, thanks. I had this same problem (installer.app icon got pushed off my home screen, and I couldn't launch installer.app)

installing summerboard manually (using iBrickr) solved the problem.