+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to install apps from pc to iphone using iPhone browser?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hey there! I'm pretty new with the modding the iphone, but I do know some basic stuff. What I can't figure out is how to install apps from pc to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to install apps from pc to iphone using iPhone browser?
    Hey there!
    I'm pretty new with the modding the iphone, but I do know some basic stuff. What I can't figure out is how to install apps from pc to iPhone using iPhone browser. People keep saying to copy them in private/var/applications but I did and it didn't work out. Maybe coz I created the folders and they are in the root. so the location would be root/private/var/applications.
    If anybody can help it would much apriciated!!!
    Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would also like to know the same thing?

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't let you set permissions. Another thing is that the app may need to be placed in other places if you have a dylib file or if it uses mobile substrate.

Thanks

it depends on what kind of app it is... if its an app that was developed in xcode and you have an ipa then just sync through itunes with the mobile installation patch (if it is a cracked app then you fail)

if it uses mobile substrate then you have to put the dylibs into dynamic libraries folder in the mobile substrate folder

if its just an app use winscp and set the permissions to 0755

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

From your PC open iphonebrowser, go to /var/mobile/Documents/Downloads/ and copy your file there. It will now show up in under downloads and you can install it.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-03-2011 at 12:04 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Apps designed for jailbroken iDevices are installed in a subfolder of the /Applications folder, which should have the internal name of the app followed by “.app”. (e.g. MobileSafari.app, Preferences.app, Cydia.app)
    App Store apps go to /var/mobile/Applications. If the app comes from here, I recommend making a folder on your computer, following the folder structure at Wikipedia's IPA article, then putting it all in a zip file and renaming it from .zip to .ipa. Now drag and drop this file into iTunes and sync your iDevice. I'm pretty sure this does not work for non-Apple-approved apps.
    MobileSubstrate tweaks are located in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries. Simply place the dylib and plist files in here. They should both have the name of the tweak.

For jailbreak apps and tweaks, you'll need to respring or reboot your device for it to recognize it.