Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi vs. TetherMe

Default MyWi vs. TetherMe
    What are the benefits of MyWi over TetherMe? I bought MyWi for $19.99 when I had my iPhone 4 and just noticed there's a $4.99 upgrade fee if I want to install it on my iPhone 5. I also noticed that TetherMe is $4.99, so I'm wondering if I should go with TetherMe or MyWi.

I don't really use the tethering very much, plus I'm on a 2 GB data plan so I CAN'T use it very much. I just know that this is the second time that MyWi has charged an upgrade fee, and if they continue to do this with every other new hardware release I may rather just pay the one time $5 fee for tetherme and not worry about upgrade fees in the future.

TIA.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

They both do the same as far as I'm concerned no real big change unless the Ui is different. Both do the same thing as in making ya phone or what not a hotspot

I'm in the same predicament, not sure which one to purchase as I did a search to find out the difference and could not find anything.

I've used MyWi on ios5x but now I also have to pay to update MyWi to 6x

Thanks

I got mywi and love it but always used it

I bought miwi sometime ago and paid a $10 upgrade fee then it stopped working. Now they want another 4.99 plus I heard it’s traceable so they might throw you off unlimited plan if you still have or it penalize you. I just bought PDAnet for iPad 3 it’s pricey but works unbelievably. PDAnet has a free trial and sometimes they offer discount. The down side is it’s per device so you replace your idevice you have to pay additional license fee. I just jailbroke my iPhone 5 and I'm actually thinking about buying tetherme for it. I heard good things about.

Thanks

They all can be traced if you go crazy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lungs View Post
    I'm in the same predicament, not sure which one to purchase as I did a search to find out the difference and could not find anything.

I've used MyWi on ios5x but now I also have to pay to update MyWi to 6x
    From what I've gathered MyWi and TetherMe work in different ways. I think TetherMe simply enables the hotspot capabilities already built into your phone whereas MyWi uses another method that can be more easily detectable.

I loved me some MyWi and if I didn't have to pay to upgrade it to iOS 6.1 i'd just stick with it...but since TetherMe is cheaper (and I don't think they charge you for upgrades) I'll go with it.