+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi - multiple random clients connecting despite WEP password

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Hi, I've got MyWi v5.5 installed on an iPad 1 running iOS 5.01. When I enable the WiFi hotspot (with alert on connect on), I typically hear a bunch of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default MyWi - multiple random clients connecting despite WEP password
    Hi,
    I've got MyWi v5.5 installed on an iPad 1 running iOS 5.01. When I enable the WiFi hotspot (with alert on connect on), I typically hear a bunch of random people connecting to MyWi and given IP addresses despite having a WEP password specified. Often this happens whilst I am unable to see my hotspot (from a Macbook Air). What is going on here?

Also, does Bluetooth tethering actually work without having to purchase MyWi OnDemand? This is advertised as part of the application, so it should work without having to pay extra.

thanks,
    Dennis

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using MyWi on my iPhone and the blue tethering bar that shows up keeps increasing the amount of connections but I still only have 1 device connected. I still haven't resolved this problem after contacting Intelliborn.

MyWi - multiple random clients connecting despite WEP password-photo.png

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,521 Times in 6,402 Posts

I use mywi all the time and do not experience any of these issues.

iph4s 5.1.1 mywi 5.5
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I use mywi all the time and do not experience any of these issues.

iph4s 5.1.1 mywi 5.5
    Only started recently for me. Can't explain it. tried the usual uninstall and reinstall.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It normally doesn't happen, but when I was experiencing it, I was in a hotel that was charging for wifi. I haven't experienced the problem since, but wondering if normally speaking the chance of random connections is low, but when in a hotel without free wifi, then it is likely to happen.

Dennis

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

So Anyway ATT caught me tethering again!! I mean I lost my unlimited data earlier this year because of it. NOW they caught me again. I asked them how, I was not even tethering. Apparently they have some kind of way to detect if you have a tethering app installed!! I'm not sure I even believe them BUT I argued that it does NOT matter what apps I have on my phone it only matters if I use them and I did not! THen the next week they caught a friend of mine who still has the unlimited plan. He insists he has not tethered at all in months but has tetherme and MyWi on his phone. After LOTS of arguing he got the same info somehow they detected what was on his phone and he was able to keep his unlimited paln. Now just so you know he has never gone over even 2g of data in a month so its not like they are watching him because he uses a lot of data! Do you think this is really possible??