Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mywi hotspot on iphone 3gs not showing up anywhere

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Mywi hotspot on iphone 3gs not showing up anywhere
    I did the jailbreak, then purchased the mywi app and set it up according to the directions but it shows up nowhere--not on my ipad2 or my laptop.

Help!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I know this I a dumb question. But ya did open the app and turned it on huh?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have followed every instruction I can find. Yes turning it on,urning on and off the hotspot, the Bluetooth, the on demand, rebooting all my devices multiple times. Finally went to sleep in frustration as it appears everything is running correctly on my iPhone 3GS but my iPad does not detect the hotspot.

I do have a wireless router at home and cable and both are picking that up and connecting. Oddly this morning my iPhone indicated the mywi was connected under wifi but as soon as I started using it, it reverted back to my regular router.

The iPad has never recognized the mywi hotspot on the list.Meaning the mywi hotspot doesn't show up on my iPad or laptop list. At all.

Can anyone out there help me seriously or point me in a direction I can get some help? Huh?

Thanks.
    Last edited by katiecoo; 08-23-2012 at 08:17 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got this reply from Intelliborn, performed all of these tasks and my iPad STILL does not pick up my hotspot (which is the whole reason I got it, for my ipad):

I'm assuming you have strong 3G and use of a data plan.

You may want to be sure you have downloaded the license. You can do this by opening Cydia, MyWi5.0, (I assume you are seeing package officially purchased) then modify and reinstall. You can also try going into the advanced setting of the app from the home page and do a restore to default settings after install.

Next try a reset of the network within the idevice, settings, general, reset, reset network.

You can also try a change of your hotspot name with in the wifi settings of the app. You can also try a change in the channel in the advanced wifi settings.

Here are some detailed instructions for use of the app:

You will need to name your wifi hotspot. Please choose a short name, letters or numbers only. You will need to set up the security. With an iphone4 or 4S you do have the choice of wep or wpa2. All other devices will be WEP. Be sure to tap to the right of the word password to bring up the keyboard. You will know your key is valid when it turns from red to blue.

You will turn on the hotspot. You should see sharing cellular data with 0 client appear.

On the other device, check settings for available wifi networks. Choose your named network. You will enter the security for the first connection. You should hear a connection tone if this is turned on in the app. You will also see the sharing change to one client and the blue bar appear at the top if this has been turned on.

If you are not getting a connection, you may want to try changing the hotspot name or the channel (advanced wifi settings). You can also reset the app settings or reset the network settings within the idevice.

Try an USB connection to be sure of your signal and the download of the app.

For an USB connection, you do need to have a current version of iTunes installed on the computer laptop. This will provide the necessary driver for the computer.

Turn on the phone. Make sure there is a strong 3G signal. Also a data plan. Open MyWi4.0. Turn on MyUSB. Plug the cable into your phone and then into your computer. Make sure it is a "good" USB port and cable. You will see sharing cellular data with 1 client show up at the bottom of the app page. If you have these turned on in the app you will have a tone alert and the blue bar appears at the top of the app page. If you have wifi sharing and an available wifi network to share you will see wifi sharing appear at the bottom of the page. Click on the internet browser on the computer and you should go to the web. If using windows 7 you may need to add as a trusted network.

Thank you for your interest in Intelliborn,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So far I've logged nearly 12 hours in the last day to try and resolve this to no avail. This page has 651 views and one BS response from the "moderator". Great. What a fiasco and collosal waste of my time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after about 3 hours on emailing with the jailbreak people we finally got it to load to my ipad for about 10 seconds then it disappeared. We've gone back from pdanet to mywi and both doing the same thing--either not showing up at all or very briefly then disappearing. And of course I'm talking to myself here.