+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mywi help plz crashes spring board

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
when ever i try to tether AT ALL with mywi it crashes can u fix this or help
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default mywi help plz crashes spring board
    when ever i try to tether AT ALL with mywi it crashes can u fix this or help

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Have ya updated it the newest one? And also what phone are you on and firmware also.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Have ya updated it the newest one? And also what phone are you on and firmware also.
    yea i have the newest one and kinda makes me mad this is one of the few apps i actually paid for thought of that already went through and reinstalled it in cydia rebooted and went to connect every time i go to connect it crashes , but yet when i tested tetherme it works just fine (and thats not its newest version ) and iphone 4 ios 5.1.1 , jailbroke it with a combo of redsnow and sn0wbreeze , the reason being is i took all my old packages , the shsh blobs and everything you could imagine and built them into the ipsw file but thats a different story, but yes newest version ios 5.1.1 iphone 4 version 9B206 model MC608LL

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Have ya tried to remove the tweak and reinstall it again?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

? What do you mean you used redsn0w and sn0wbreeze to jb? 2 jailbreak tools run on one device in one restore setting can cause conflict. This might be your problem. Can you describe in detail what you did in the jailbreak process? You might consider restoring to stock 5.1.1 and just using Redsn0w alone. Or you can create a custom fw with sn0wbreeze and restore to it alone, without using redsn0w on it after.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well actually they both use the same rocy racoon package exploits so its safe and the end result was a custom package , well as i said a long proccess i got the shsh blobs from redsn0w , made a custom firmware in snowbreeze ( witch the reason i did this was tethered for me , so built in rocky as well ) then took that file signed it with redsn0w ik i could have taked redsn0w completely out of that picture but thats just how i did it so its now the current state of my iphone packages settings and all all wrapped up and alreaqdy signed and untethered and yes i have infact i unistalled it rebooted , theen reinstalled it but that didnt work or at least they should b safe to use together

Thanks

That seems like quite a complex procedure you had there. I would still suggest a restore and reJB with just one tool of your choice if all else fails for you. The only other thing I could say is, is there another cydia tweak or app that could be conflicting with mywi? Sometimes this can occur as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just want to get mywi to work

Thanks

Yes, of course. You could go through and remove your Cydia tweaks one by one with MyWi installed to find a possible culprit. Or you could do a complete restore and reJB and see if that resolves the issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

um , idk i installed it after all this but now i have tetherme ( got that for free since mywi isnt working ) but even before i had that mywi crashed me i actually literally JUST INSTALLED tetherme , and i got the shsh blobs already ill just use sn0wbreeze this time if it will actually untether me (i have my current version of rocky backed up so i should b good for now to build it in , should i or should i let sn0wbreezze do what ever then install through cydia if necessary)

for that there couldnt i just use sbsettings and disable all the addons one by one instead of uninstalling and reinstalling ?

Thanks

Hm...tetherme is a paid app. I'd be very careful to state what you get for free on MMi...we don't condone piracy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry about that then, but as i said mywis one of the few apps i paid for and was using it to see that it could tether and all and that theyve figured it out and its not some hard struggle right now , you know what i mean like when apple releases the new ios and it takes forever for the mods to be released for it , anyway gonna delete it once i have mywi working again
    Last edited by nathanac; 06-09-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks

Well, anyhow, let us know how it goes. And yes, you could also disable the tweaks in mobilesubstrate, I forgot about that option. If you can't find the culprit then, I'd highly suggest restoring and reJB. You could reJB with the same process as you did before, as this could just be a JB bug that can occur to anyone with any tool, or you could try my suggestion of sticking to one jb tool.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ill let you guys know how it goes then and yea i better stick with one tool , there could b bugs because of that and thanks for your help , though do u know when a new update for mywi will b released hoping that might fix it

Thanks

New update for iOS 5? I don't know, it seems to be working really well for me right now. I really think it's just a bug with the JB or some sort of app/tweak conflict.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

o ok well back to the drawing board i go thanks anyway

Thanks

Good luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

onbe question though what all mobile substrate addons does mywi depend on ?

nvm that though yea you are right something conflicts i disabled EVERYTHING except mywi and it works

Thanks

Good, glad you didn't have to restore and reJB. Now...to find out what's conflicting...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

nathanac (06-09-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea , re-enabling everything one by one right now and thx again helped alot idky i didnt even think of that