+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 5.50.11 on untether ios 5.1.1

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
This has stopped routing packets after upgrading from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 untether. It will not route over usb or wifi. I did a clean dfu install of ios and jailbreak
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default MyWi 5.50.11 on untether ios 5.1.1
    This has stopped routing packets after upgrading from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 untether. It will not route over usb or wifi. I did a clean dfu install of ios and jailbreak with absinthe 2.0. i set the phone up as a new phone. It will not route.

I can ssh to the phone and ping any host.

The clients connect and get a dhcp address however nothing routes through the phone.

Its an iphone 4 gsm by the way too.

Help pls, very frustrating.
    Last edited by HolyRoses; 05-25-2012 at 01:06 PM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Been seeing issues with this today. Maybe they will need to update the software with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

pdanet works as a quick fix.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

MyWi 5.5 isn't working on my iPad 3 wifi/4g/lte either. I run MyWi, configure it and even connect to it via USB/BLUETOOTH and WIFI. It shows connected but it just won't actually route the devices connected to it to the internet (or however it's termed). It also shows 0kup/0kdown.

Thanx HolyRose - I just tried PDANET and it does work! QuickFix - But I did pay for MyWi and hope that they'll fix this soon. I am dying to get that LTE Speeds off AT&T through my iPad!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm glad im not the only one having this issue ! Same set up here. Ill try pdanet but I'm with you I paid for it and would like it to work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello guys,

Yesterday I read the news about the new version of Absinthe and updated my iPad 2 to 5.1.1 and applied the jailbreak. All went fine ; my main purpose on the jailbreak was to be able to use mywi as I really need a backup wifi line when my main connection fails.

I had some trouble at first installing MyWi, I was getting a few errors, but I guess it was due to the overload of requests. Once I finally got it installed, the app initiates fine, but it will simply not work. No matter what I enable, no wifi connection is created, nothing.

What's also weird is that under Wifi Advanced options I only have the option to create an ad-hoc connection, despite seeing a recommendation bellow to use the "infrastructure mode" for better compatibility.

Is anyone having issues with Mywi on 5.1.1 + Absinthe 2.0? Is Mywi needing an update or it's my device that is somehow configured incorrectly or something.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

Ok, now for some reason the ipad started to broadcast an ad-hoc wifi connection, but when I connect my macbook pro to that wifi connection nothing happens, the iPad doesn't display any msg saying that a device has connected and I don't have internet access on my macbook.

I also noticed that under wifi security options I only have WEP, despite having seen WPA2 on some youtube videos. I guess there is a problem with the ipad version of Mywi?
    Last edited by elmemyself; 05-26-2012 at 04:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, and it will install fine. It even creates the network just fine. But, things that are connected to the network (such as an iPod) don't receive any packets, and thus, can't access the net. Hope a fix comes soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not working for me, too. Just jailbroke iPhone 4S 5.2.1 using Absinthe 2.0.1. Installed MyWi normally (been using it for years). It seems to be a little unresponsive, claims to be working fine on all connection modes, but zero packets to/from. Please fix ASAP! This is the main reason I jailbreak. Thx.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been updated for 5.1.1, most packages haven't.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    I'm pretty sure it hasn't been updated for 5.1.1, most packages haven't.
    Hopefully it'll be updated soon enough...

2k1
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elmemyself View Post
    Hopefully it'll be updated soon enough...
    Hope so I'm stayin on 5.0.1 till its working. I use it to much not to have It

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not working here either. Tried a multitude of combinations of install/uninstall/restarts. NOTHING works.

Waited forever to get it again after I updated to 5.0. Guess I'm waiting many more months for intelliborn to get off their collective hineys and fix this, but they already have my money so I'm sure they're in no rush.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just bought Mywi for my Iphone 4S as well. I have been paying 50.00 a month for A mifi from t-mobile. I live in the country where we can not get an ISP to get us DSL or cable. I was using an android phone with PDANet for a while then switched to an I phone when released to new providers other than AT&T. I did the upgrade to iOS 5.1 before realizing the issues with the jailbreak. Now that I have it jailbroke (thanks to the developers that hacked it, my hats off to you guys) I was told that MiWi was the hotspot app to use. Long story short Miwi shows the devices conected ie, my laptop or Ipad, but the devices show 0bytes sent or received. there is no internet connection. I have tried bluetooh, teather and wifi. If someone figures out the fix PLEaSE let us know. I too have paid the 20.00 for the program like everyone else and dont expect it back I just want the app to work.

Thanks in advance
    Brandon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you all can try pdanet like HolyRoses said that's what im using till it gets updated... FYI

Tony

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

having the same issue here too, so I went and paid the $15 for pdanet since it worked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Having the same issue with MyWi and Absinthe. I read that PDANet was working for you guys. I downloaded PDANet and tried to set up a WiFi hotspot and my MacBook nor iPad would connect. Any ideas? Hope this all gets worked out soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same issues. I've been in contact with Intelliborn support. Here's what they had to say:

Thanks for your feedback. I did speak with a developer and the update should be released soon to make the app work with ios 5.1.1 and the latest jailbreak.

2k1
    Thanks

Sweet ill update when it works with 5.1.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elmemyself View Post
    Hello guys,

Yesterday I read the news about the new version of Absinthe and updated my iPad 2 to 5.1.1 and applied the jailbreak. All went fine ; my main purpose on the jailbreak was to be able to use mywi as I really need a backup wifi line when my main connection fails.

I had some trouble at first installing MyWi, I was getting a few errors, but I guess it was due to the overload of requests. Once I finally got it installed, the app initiates fine, but it will simply not work. No matter what I enable, no wifi connection is created, nothing.

What's also weird is that under Wifi Advanced options I only have the option to create an ad-hoc connection, despite seeing a recommendation bellow to use the "infrastructure mode" for better compatibility.

Is anyone having issues with Mywi on 5.1.1 + Absinthe 2.0? Is Mywi needing an update or it's my device that is somehow configured incorrectly or something.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

Ok, now for some reason the ipad started to broadcast an ad-hoc wifi connection, but when I connect my macbook pro to that wifi connection nothing happens, the iPad doesn't display any msg saying that a device has connected and I don't have internet access on my macbook.

I also noticed that under wifi security options I only have WEP, despite having seen WPA2 on some youtube videos. I guess there is a problem with the ipad version of Mywi?
    iPads cannot create infrastructure networks. only adhoc unfortunately,

I'm using tetherme app
    and also use Tethering for BlackBerry, iPhone & Android | Tether.com

but I'm gonna give pdaNET a whirl
    Last edited by z3r01; 05-27-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    iPads cannot create infrastructure networks. only adhoc unfortunately,

I'm using tetherme app
    and also use Tethering for BlackBerry, iPhone & Android | Tether.com

but I'm gonna give pdaNET a whirl
    Oh, that's unfortunate, is there any reason for that? A limitation on the iPad, perhaps?