+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installed 5.50.8 now periodically (every half hour or so) mywi connection turns off

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Hello, I have an original iPad 3G and have been using mywi for quite a while now. I recently restored the iPad back to a virgin copy of 5.0.1 and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default installed 5.50.8 now periodically (every half hour or so) mywi connection turns off
    Hello,

I have an original iPad 3G and have been using mywi for quite a while now. I recently restored the iPad back to a virgin copy of 5.0.1 and jailbroke it. When I reinstalled mywi it was the new version 5.50.8. Now every 20-45 minutes the wifi tethering connection will drop. When I look at the iPad, MyWi is still running but the toggle for wifi tethering reads ''off''. Simply turning it back on does not work, I have to kill the program and then restart wifi tethering. This is understandably annoying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you checked the advanced settings? There's an auto shutoff functions you can disable...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Weissie20 View Post
    Have you checked the advanced settings? There's an auto shutoff functions you can disable...
    I did disable those and it didnt do anything. Interestingly enough what did change things for the better was connecting multiple devices. If my phone and laptop are both connected then the connection seems to stay connected.

Another problem I'm having so far is that even though I enabled WEP encryption the connection still shows up as unsecured to every device I connect

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem. In addition, MyWi is not remembering the authorization for my iPad, so every time I use it, I have to go back and open MyWi to re-authorize the connection. I also don't get the on demand icon on my iPad, it just shows the tethering links. Not sure if this is just the way 5.5 displays. I imagine it is a bug since you have the option of setting the on demand bar or icon in the settings, but neither display on the client device. The On Demand bar or Icon display normally on my iPhone though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey everyone! Im posting this on all the boards ive complained on... I finally found a fix to my MYWI problems, and it's really simple. Hopefully it helps someone out.

So I finally emailed support after I upgraded my phone from the 3GS to the 4S and MYWI still didn't work. The support staff was awesome and replied within 15 minutes with a fix I wish I'd known about earlier!

If you're having issues with OnDemand, or just your MyWi connection in general, try this:

Go into your MyWi home screen, scroll down to settings, click advanced settings, then click restore default settings. Do this on both your iPhone AND iPad, then reboot both devices. Open up MyWi and reconfigure everything, and it should work properly!

I must admit, OnDemand is freakin AWESOME now that I have it working properly... Wish I'd contacted support earlier instead of just complaining about it on here!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After updating to 5.1.1 and mywi 5.51.1 I'm having the same issue. Every 30 minutes or so the connection drops on my laptop and I have to turn off the connection on mywi and back on and reset my wireless adapter.

I reset mywi to default settings and have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times as well.

iPad 1 AT&T iOS 5.1.1 mywi 5.51.1.

Please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Issue still there even with uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

The devs are still working on it..... Just to say, you normally should never update your MyWi until people have already tested it. It seems the devs of that app can't get things fixed when a new version of iOS comes out.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gelado View Post
    After updating to 5.1.1 and mywi 5.51.1 I'm having the same issue. Every 30 minutes or so the connection drops on my laptop and I have to turn off the connection on mywi and back on and reset my wireless adapter.

I reset mywi to default settings and have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times as well.

iPad 1 AT&T iOS 5.1.1 mywi 5.51.1.

Please help
    Same here bro

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hilofat View Post
    Same here bro
    Ill have a new iPad tomorrow to test out mywi on it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

New iPad mywi=fail

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gelado View Post
    New iPad mywi=fail
    What exactly happened?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    What exactly happened?
    got it working eventually. I had to reinstall mywi then uninstall it and reinstall. Now MyWi seems to work in infrastructure mode. iPad retina 64gb AT&T

Thanks

Well, glad it's fixed. Hopefully it'll stay that way though lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem, but with iPad 2 5.11 and MyWi 5.51.1. Very unstable even on a fresh install 5.11 JB with Absynthe 2.0.4