Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 5.5 On Demand BETA not Working...

Default MyWi 5.5 On Demand BETA not Working...
    First, let me say I am happy to see progress on MyWi. Unfortunately for me the beta is not working. I upgraded to 5.5 on demand and was unable to establish a connection. I uninstalled/ rebooted/ reinstalled... And still no connection. Now my Bluetooth settings show Bluetooth as unavailable. Rebooting both my iPhone 4 and iPad 1 running iOS 5.01 was unsuccessful in restoring Bluetooth on either device.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Unfortunetly that's why it's called Beta. Beta versions have LOTS of bugs, You can't expect them to be flawless. I reccomend that unless you're a developer, Stay away from betas as they can screw up your device.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Default Oh.. I know...
    Was just hoping for something that worked. And since the support link at intelliborn doesn't work as usual, this seemed like the next best place to complain

Accidental double-post

I updated to 5.5 today and my Bluetooth is now screwed too. I actually didn't realize it was a Beta....I didn't notice the upgrade was from the Beta repo and don't recall the info stating it was Beta....but maybe I just missed it. In any case, it'd be nice to get my Bluetooth working again.

I'm also finding that my iPhone is seriously lagging after this update. I'll have to do a restore if a fix isn't forthcoming soon....not really looking forward to that.

EDIT: Just checked stuff out....5.5 wasn't a Beta after all and I guess I've posted in the wrong thread. But: this update has screwed things up pretty badly on my phone.
    Last edited by Maddcow; 04-05-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Thanks

Yep. I reccomend to stay away from betas bro, They can screw your device up quite a bit...

Default Mywi 5.5 Bluetooth Issues
    I updated my mywi 5 to the new 5.5. as soon as i installed it my bluetooth went off and the icon up top went away. i went to setting to check it out and it showed UNAVAILABLE. i uninstalled it and it didn't come back on. then i reset my network setting still nothing. Last i turned my iPhone 4s off and waited about a minute, held down the the home and power button until the apple logo appeared and then it cam back.

i wanted the new mywi so bad the i tried to reinstall it again....... BIG NO NO, i had to repeat the same process to get my bluetooth back working again.

i hope this helps someone out

Just updated to MyWi 5.5 as well and was looking forward to using OnDemand *cough* that I paid for. *cough*

Anyways, as per usual, Wifi hotspot works without a hitch, but the bluetooth OnDemand is still shot. When I saw that there was an upgrade, I actually did the opposite. Maybe this wasn't necessary, but I uninstalled MyWi on both iPhone 3G (4.2.1) and iPad 2 (5.0.1), then installed MyWi 5.5 on both devices.

Basically the iPad 2 would look for an OnDemand server and the iPhone 3G will, detect and ask to authorize, the iPad 2. Cool. But that's where it stops working.

The iPad 2 will disconnect promptly after authorization.

Then I thought, hmmm maybe it's disconnecting from the OnDemand server because there's no need to use OnDemand. (like say my workplace, where there's Wifi everywhere.) So i head out to the parking garage where I know there's no Wifi or bluetooth devices to interfere.. still no dice.

iPad 2 just connects and disconnects.

To give intelliborn a break (and possibly some insight), i've noticed a lot of bluetooth apps not performing as expected. For example, AirBlue Sharing, which I specially bought to bluetooth contacts to 2012 Sienna SE. *cue swagger wagon song* It worked... maybe once... and that's it.

So maybe it has something to do with the jailbreak?

Thanks

No it doesn't. It's Intelliborn itself. It's beta so it's really buggy and it's not just one person experiencing the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    No it doesn't. It's Intelliborn itself. It's beta so it's really buggy and it's not just one person experiencing the problem...
    Intelliborn and others have confirmed that MyWi would literally crash based on how you jail broke you iDevice. (RedSn0w vs Pwnage Tool) Whether OnDemand really is or isn't affected by the jailbreak... I don't know. Just throwing it out there.

Only one person experiencing the problem? I don't see in my original post where even remotely implied that.

Plus this beta that you speak of, I'm guessing, you got from an "intellibornborn beta repo"? A repo I have not added. Since my OnDemand issues, I've checked Cydia daily for a MyWi upgrade. As of 4/5/12 an upgrade was available for MyWi and there was no mention that it was beta. My only guess that this was a "production" release.

This release is definitely NOT a beta...it's a full release. I eventually had to restore my iPhone 4 to get bluetooth working and to fix the serious lagging. A clean install of 5.5 now works fine and hasn't screwed up my iPhone. However, my iPad 2 is still screwed up and I can't restore that without downgrading to 4.3.3......

EDIT: I used iFile to do a search of all MyWi files on my iPad 2 and deleted all preferences, licenses and other files (except for MyWi icons for themes etc). I then did a reboot (not respring) and all seems fine again i.e. bluetooth is working and the lag is gone.

Hopefully this info might help someone else.
    Last edited by Maddcow; 04-06-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman K View Post
    Intelliborn and others have confirmed that MyWi would literally crash based on how you jail broke you iDevice. (RedSn0w vs Pwnage Tool) Whether OnDemand really is or isn't affected by the jailbreak... I don't know. Just throwing it out there.

Only one person experiencing the problem? I don't see in my original post where even remotely implied that.

Plus this beta that you speak of, I'm guessing, you got from an "intellibornborn beta repo"? A repo I have not added. Since my OnDemand issues, I've checked Cydia daily for a MyWi upgrade. As of 4/5/12 an upgrade was available for MyWi and there was no mention that it was beta. My only guess that this was a "production" release.
    When I said that, I meant by: "It's NOT just one person experiencing the same problem, many people are experiencing the problem" I do not use MyWi as I have no use for it, but I do believe Intelliborn has a beta repo. I could be wrong though.

Default thanks you saved me a restore
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddcow View Post
    This release is definitely NOT a beta...it's a full release. I eventually had to restore my iPhone 4 to get bluetooth working and to fix the serious lagging. A clean install of 5.5 now works fine and hasn't screwed up my iPhone. However, my iPad 2 is still screwed up and I can't restore that without downgrading to 4.3.3......

EDIT: I used iFile to do a search of all MyWi files on my iPad 2 and deleted all preferences, licenses and other files (except for MyWi icons for themes etc). I then did a reboot (not respring) and all seems fine again i.e. bluetooth is working and the lag is gone.

Hopefully this info might help someone else.
    you definatley saved me a restore anyone with problems download ifile and delete the mywi folder under applications!!