+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 5.0 - Must Reboot After Each Use

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Hello All - I have run MyWi for a while now on my iPhone 4. I run iOS 5.01 and the newest MyWi release. For the past month, it hasn't
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default MyWi 5.0 - Must Reboot After Each Use
    Hello All -

I have run MyWi for a while now on my iPhone 4. I run iOS 5.01 and the newest MyWi release.

For the past month, it hasn't been working correctly. I usually have no issues launching it and starting a WiFi AP, but after I close it or turn the AP off, I totally loose Internet on my phone. 3G is still displayed, but no app can access the Internet. I can make and receive calls, though.

I've already tried a completely clean restore, but get the same results. I have jail token most recently using a custom IPSWICH I created with PwnageTool.

Does anyone else experience this? If its a bug, are there any other workarounds besides rebooting? Also - when will a fix be released?

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This has been mentioned numerous times on other threads. It appears to be an issue with the untethered JB and 5.0.1. Someone reported recently that applying RedsnOw 0.9.10b4 over 0.9.10b3 fixes this issue. I plan on trying this at home this evening, so I can't confirm.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks -

I want to try that, but my jailbreak was applied via restoring a custom IPSW. Think that running redsn0w over it will be okay? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hefman View Post
    This has been mentioned numerous times on other threads. It appears to be an issue with the untethered JB and 5.0.1. Someone reported recently that applying RedsnOw 0.9.10b4 over 0.9.10b3 fixes this issue. I plan on trying this at home this evening, so I can't confirm.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't answer your question, but I'm not sure I would try anyway. I tried applying the latest Redsn0w b4 over the top last night and it did not fix my issue. I also tried the Corona files update as well -- no help. wifi hotspot will enable, then turn off after about 45 seconds, requiring a restart to get my connectivity back. I'm on an iPad with 5.0.1, so neither PDANet or Tetherme will work for creating a wifi hotspot.

I guess we're going to have to wait for the fix to come from the MyWi guys...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Update: tried a restore and rejailbreak last night. No luck.

I sent an email to Intelliborn on this and got this reply back very quickly:

This issue did seem to pop up with the lastest ios/jailbreak. We have been working with the jailbreak developers to fix some issues with the jailbreak itself. We are also working on a rewrite of the app.

Hopefully, they'll figure this out quickly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Applying Corona Untether (from Cydia) on top of existing jailbreak had solved this problem for me.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Agree ^^^^ same with mine