+ Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi OnDemand won't connect

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X You can do tethered for that. Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze (Sn0wbreeze is best for now since Redsn0w is supposedly unstable) It's no rush. We only
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    You can do tethered for that. Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze (Sn0wbreeze is best for now since Redsn0w is supposedly unstable)
    It's no rush. We only use it during vacations so I'll wait till a known good untethered one is available. Thanks for your help!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

No problem
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey everyone! I finally found a fix to my MYWI problems, and it's really simple. Hopefully it helps someone out.

So I finally emailed support after I upgraded my phone from the 3GS to the 4S and MYWI still didn't work. The support staff was awesome and replied within 15 minutes with a fix I wish I'd known about earlier!

If you're having issues with OnDemand, or just your MyWi connection in general, try this:

Go into your MyWi home screen, scroll down to settings, click advanced settings, then click restore default settings. Do this on both your iPhone AND iPad, then reboot both devices. Open up MyWi and reconfigure everything, and it should work properly!

I must admit, OnDemand is freakin AWESOME now that I have it working properly... Wish I'd contacted support earlier instead of just complaining about it on here!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't like where it uses the BT to force-activate the wifi... Takes longer, and it isn't any faster that I can see.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geordi1 View Post
    I don't like where it uses the BT to force-activate the wifi... Takes longer, and it isn't any faster that I can see.
    Just disable ondemand then...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

True, that is an option... But then I lose the "ondemand" feature I PAID for, and was working fast and flawlessly for my needs on the older version. I like the fast connections, this takes a lot longer to find the link, it seems like. I will try it again tomorrow when I am far away from any wifi, so it will get a good test.

For now, I sent them a feature request of a switch that allows either the BT-wifi hybrid like it is now, or a BT-only like it used to be for the ondemand. We will see what happens.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geordi1 View Post
    True, that is an option... But then I lose the "ondemand" feature I PAID for, and was working fast and flawlessly for my needs on the older version. I like the fast connections, this takes a lot longer to find the link, it seems like. I will try it again tomorrow when I am far away from any wifi, so it will get a good test.

For now, I sent them a feature request of a switch that allows either the BT-wifi hybrid like it is now, or a BT-only like it used to be for the ondemand. We will see what happens.
    I agree! Bluetooth tether worked so much better for OnDemand!

Let us know if they say something about the feature request... You got my vote on that!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got a reply back on that, to the effect of "It will be added to a list of feature requests for a future update, with no timeline available on when that update might be implemented"

I think the best bet is ALL OF US email them asking for the same thing. Here is the email I sent to them at support <at> intelliborn <dot> com:

Hello,

I'm glad that it seems that the problems with the "ondemand" function have now been fixed, but I have a request for a feature / option: I do not like or need the ondemand function to activate the more-power-hungry wifi mode on my iPhone in order to tether. As I am on T-Mobile, the speed does not increase from the 150kpbs speed by using wifi... And I find that the connection process seems to take longer than it did with just the BT ondemand.

Can you implement a switch to allow a choice of either BT-only ondemand or the current BT-wifi hybrid for those who like this new way?

Thanks,
    And their reply:

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate hearing back from our customers. I do keep a list of ideas for consideration in regards to future development of the app. I will add your request(s) to this list.

I am not aware of any timeline for the addition of new features or what features might be changed or added.

Thank you for your interest in Intelliborn,

Stephanie C.
    ----------------------------
    Intelliborn Support

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well... I just got this reply:

Hi,

I do not believe this will be changed. Actually when they were first working on this for ios 5 on of the main reasons they did go to this format was for speed . The previous connection mode was extremely slow. I have not noticed a long time with the negotiating process. You may want to try a reset of the network in all devices and then reset to default in the app settings and try the authorization again. Be sure you do have the most current version of the app, version 5.51.1 and for the first set up turn off wifi on the client.

Thank you for your interest in Intelliborn,

Jackie Cross

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well... MyWi is uninstalled again from my devices. Jackie Cross there might not "notice a long time negotiating" but I certainly do, and the speed issue doesn't enter into it.

FYI: It crashed the wifi on my iphone AGAIN, needing a full reboot to get back to running normally. I also seem to have had a MASSIVE memory leak on my ipad, something was holding 45mb of memory and not showing under either Sbsettings or the ios double-tap menu... And wouldn't clear with anything other than a reboot. Respring did nothing, uninstall of Mywi did nothing.

I had tried resetting all the settings before (although this was a fresh install and I didn't CHANGE any settings... So color me confused) maybe I will give it just one more shot on this version... But so far I'm not terribly impressed.

Thanks

Their versions are very buggy right now, it'll be fixed in the future. Trust me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The operations of the Government are very buggy right now too, and will also be fixed at some unknown future date... Yet we have already paid for that as well.

This has been ongoing now for ALL of the iOS 5 generation - Many many months. iOS 6 is 18 hours from being announced, and will probably go live shortly thereafter. How many months of NO SERVICE from a paid application would you find acceptable during iOS 6?

Sorry, but I call BULLSHIPT on that. This is WAY BEYOND the timeframe for fixing a "bug" and the same problems still exist in exactly the same ways. At the very least, the Dev should have a GIANT warning on their website and in Cydia that this program is currently non-functional, and that they are being up-front and NOT accepting new orders until they have fixed this. That would put some of their OWN skin in the game, giving them maybe just a little more incentive to SOLVE THESE BUGS before the heat death of the universe.

Thanks

Well, that's on the devs. There's nothing we can do but wait...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is the onDemand work on iPad2 as a server ?

It seems nothing works correctly when Mywi is used in iPad2 as a server

Thanks

What iOS are you on?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    What iOS are you on?
    iPad 2 (iOS 5.0.1) and iphone 3GS (iOS 5.0.1). I used iPad2 as a server and iPhone 3GS as a client

Thanks

It'll work. It's all compatible with 5.0.1 so no worries.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    It'll work. It's all compatible with 5.0.1 so no worries.
    Could you share your steps in hooking these ? I get to the stage that iPad2 has my iphone on the client but always giving status waiting for clients to connect.

Thanks

I don't really use MyWi very much, afre you positive you're doing it right? You may want to look it up on Google or YouTube to see if anyone has the same problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bah... I give up. I've sent tons of emails with logs to the vendor and never got a reply.

Good thing I always use PayPal for these kind of purchases.... Requesting a refund now.