+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi OnDemand won't connect

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Is anyone else having an issue getting the sbsettings toggle for Mywi to work? I haven't been able to get the toggle working since the beta was released.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is anyone else having an issue getting the sbsettings toggle for Mywi to work? I haven't been able to get the toggle working since the beta was released.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This app just flat out wont work for me? Here are my issues... Id love to know if anyone has a fix:

1. On demand goes back and forth between associating and negotiating over and over until it final says "failed"
    2. Regular wifi doesn't seem to be putting out a signal (the signal is never recognizable by any other device)
    3. Bluetooth works, but only if I disable on demand (and it never shows the icon on my phone that says I'm connected)

I'm running iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone 3GS as well as my iPad 2. Running a fully licensed mywi 5.50.8 as of today (but I've had these issues with every version of 5.5).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi. same issue here. i just hope the developer is reading this. at first when i was using the trial, everything is working fine. im on ios 5.0.1, win 7 ultimate, mywi 5.50.9. after i bought the app, nothing seems to work. up to now i cant use it. its been 2 weeks now i guess. whats wrong with those people, letting customers buy the app then not even a single help would be offered. i did everything i guess. except restoring the phone or upgrading to 5.1. please help anyone. TIA

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow... I'm SO glad I haven't bitten onto the poison apple that is this new version. I'm still running with iTether / TetherMe, which is working flawlessly, if not automatically.

Wow, so I have to go into SbSettings and hit the tetherme toggle to make the BT link connect... Woohoo, that is hard. It connects when I tell it, and stays locked on until I tell it to disconnect... Doesn't seem to use terribly much battery life if either / both devices are in sleep mode and I'm not doing anything online.

For MyWi... I loved the automatic functioning of the original OnDemand feature, and BT wireless is the same speed for me as wifi - Connection speed (bringing it up and active) is more important. With how this new version tries to do it... No thanks, I think. I guess I'll keep sitting on the sidelines and watching the posts here until something reliable is made public. I need something that works for my work. Best of luck to the early adopters.
    Last edited by Geordi1; 04-15-2012 at 09:40 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zonked88 View Post
    hi. same issue here. i just hope the developer is reading this. at first when i was using the trial, everything is working fine. im on ios 5.0.1, win 7 ultimate, mywi 5.50.9. after i bought the app, nothing seems to work. up to now i cant use it. its been 2 weeks now i guess. whats wrong with those people, letting customers buy the app then not even a single help would be offered. i did everything i guess. except restoring the phone or upgrading to 5.1. please help anyone. TIA
    Have you tried contacting them via their website? In my experience they have responded very quickly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geordi1 View Post
    Wow... I'm SO glad I haven't bitten onto the poison apple that is this new version. I'm still running with iTether / TetherMe, which is working flawlessly, if not automatically.

Wow, so I have to go into SbSettings and hit the tetherme toggle to make the BT link connect... Woohoo, that is hard. It connects when I tell it, and stays locked on until I tell it to disconnect... Doesn't seem to use terribly much battery life if either / both devices are in sleep mode and I'm not doing anything online.

For MyWi... I loved the automatic functioning of the original OnDemand feature, and BT wireless is the same speed for me as wifi - Connection speed (bringing it up and active) is more important. With how this new version tries to do it... No thanks, I think. I guess I'll keep sitting on the sidelines and watching the posts here until something reliable is made public. I need something that works for my work. Best of luck to the early adopters.
    *Raise hand* Yup i'm an early adopter.

I will give iTether a try, as I have had it up to "here" with MyWi OnDemand. And to think I use to practically BRAG about this software to my non-jailbroken friends.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here I can't get connect either keeps telling me I need to ondemand

Thanks
    Thanked 3,264 Times in 427 Posts

I have the same problem lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I'm a brand newbie and having trouble trying to create a new post but this was the closet thing to my problem after reading. iPhone 4 3GS 5.0.1 jail broken with mywi 5.0 4 months ago and worked great since Dec 2011. Yesterday I decided to give the 5.5 update a try and after rebooting I've lost safari, mail, cydia (among others) and the mywi icon is completely gone. Can u guys direct me to a thread on what I need to do to get my phone working again? Or if you know what to do, share some enlightenment?

Thanks in advance!!!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I reccomend you just completely remove MyWi from your device and then respring. If it still continues, use "Fix User DIR Permissions" in SBSettings to fix it.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mywi is gone. I still see the cydia icon but it won't open, just blinks. Is the DIR Permissions a program or something in my phone? Also tried to SB settings but haven't been able to yet. I'd just like to resrore it like it was (if that's still possible) or whatever the easiest solution is. I was working fine, I just thought I'd try the update with the new features (bangs head)

Thanks

Yah if Cydia won't open then you have some problems. Just save your SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella or Redsn0w, create a custom iPSW with those blobs stitched to it, and then downgrade to the firmware you made.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are there links for the things you mentioned above because...all I can tell you is I remember using redsnow for jailbreak but the rest of what you said is way above my payscale lol!

Thanks

OK here's everything you need.

Custom Firmware/iPSW: iPhone, iPod, iPad and Firmware/Software Download

Jailbreak Tools (Redsn0w): Dev-Team Blog

TinyUmbrella (For SHSH's): The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sorry but one more question, since my Safari on my phone isn't working as well, am I to open all of this on my pc? And then what? Download on my pc and ?

Thanks

Download on your PC and follow the onscreen instructions for what you need to do. You need to "Run as Administrator" on your PC for all those programs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I've got the files. I'm at iOS 5.0. Should I upgrade to 5.1 first? Then afterwards follow the links in the order that you gave them to me?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SS3933 View Post
    Hi I'm a brand newbie and having trouble trying to create a new post but this was the closet thing to my problem after reading. iPhone 4 3GS 5.0.1 jail broken with mywi 5.0 4 months ago and worked great since Dec 2011. Yesterday I decided to give the 5.5 update a try and after rebooting I've lost safari, mail, cydia (among others) and the mywi icon is completely gone. Can u guys direct me to a thread on what I need to do to get my phone working again? Or if you know what to do, share some enlightenment?

Thanks in advance!!!
    Curiously following this thread...d'you have an iPhone 4 or 3Gs?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's an iPhone 4 *Verizon* currently 3GS

It is an iPhone 4

Goin ahead and updating to iOS 5.1. Maybe it'll at least get my phone working then I'll worry bout the rest
    Last edited by SS3933; 05-06-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks

You can do tethered for that. Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze (Sn0wbreeze is best for now since Redsn0w is supposedly unstable)