Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi OnDemand won't connect

Can anyone tell me how to contact Intelleborn. Their website forces you through FAQs before leading you to a DEAD link to contact them with un-answered questions. F@&#ing useless!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Try his twitter

Their twitter was very active up until February 7...then silence. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Now intelliborn.com is down.

.Wow.

Looks like I might have to dispute that Visa charge while I still have time

Ok I purchased iTether for $5 and am using it with MyWi bluetooth tether. It does connect but the on demand does not work and I have to "forget" the iPhone on the iPad once each time to get the connection working again. Not a great solution but at least I can connect them and not have WiFi draining my battery the whole time.

I was seriously going to dispute the mywi charge because the ondemand does not work at all. I am going to let it be since I am getting some functionality out of it. I hope he will get it working sometime soon though.

What puzzles me is that it worked beautifully for almost a week, until I decided to reboot my iPhone. It was truly amazing when it worked. Makes me wonder if there are some folks out there that it works ok for.

I even tried deleting the .plist files on both the iPad and iPhone so it would be like a new install but no luck.

After complaining to Intelliborn on Thursday last week I received the following reply:

I am currently testing the update for OnDemand. It is unfortunate it has taken so long. We did not expect it either. We have a good reputation for fixing issues with our app. This one became very complex due to the need to be sure it all worked with various past ios and with issues created by ios 5. I expect the updated version to be released soon. If you would like a refund you will need to email the receipt with your transaction id to Cydia. [email protected]

We did list this issue on Twitter and there is a note to check our Twitter site on the app page in Cydia.

Thank you for your interest in Intelliborn,

So we should be seeing an update soon. That said it still doesn't excuse the lack of advertising that there is a known issue with a paid for option.

I am not overly impressed with Intelliborns customer service, okay they respond quickly to email but I feel that they are deliberately misinforming new customers.

Default MyWi 5.5 for iOS 5.x released as beta!
    Intelliborn has announced a beta version of MyWi (and OnDemand) for iOS 5.x. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by @Intelliborn
    Beta Testers: MyWi 5.5 for iOS 5.x users with all new MyWi & OnDemand including new WiFi Sharing! Source: http://intelliborn.com/betamywi
    The page reads: "Please add http://intelliborn.com/betamywi as a source in Cydia"

UPDATE: Removed MyWi, added http://intelliborn.com/betamywi to sources in Cydia, then searched for "MyWi" and found "MyWi 5.5 (iOS 5 Library)" and installed (which installed MyWi 5, MyWi 5.5 (iOS 5 Library), and MyWi OnDemand). Downloaded (existing) OnDemand license from within the app. So far, so good. Looks slicker & faster. Yay!
    Last edited by burke; 04-02-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks

Sweet glad to see him back

I installed the updates. It was acting qrky, especially on the iPad so I deleted the app on both. I also deleted iTether. I reinstalled the app on both.

It works flawlessly so far. I am very happy about that. The operation is much different than before. The iPad connects to the iPhone via Bluetooth and tells the iPhone to turn on wifi sharing. The Bluetooth then disconnects and the wifi connects. When the iPad goes to sleep the wifi disconnects And a few minutes later the iPhone stops offering wifi. Interesting and creative way to get it working again. I would like to know more details about the connection such as weather it uses security or not and what type, and does it auto negotiate a key. Is the ssinf broadcast or not. Does it use full power wifi or a lesser power level.

Overall I am pleased. Really glad to see that they got what appears to be a working app.

Thanks for the feedback guys...I haven't a chance to screw around with the BETA yet; can anyone tell me if it relies on BTStack? I'm using it now for keyboard/mouse support on my iPad and would be very pleased if they would play nice with the new OnDemand.

-Fitz

It appears there's already an update for MyWi and MyWi Ondemand in Cydia!

MyWi & OnDemand 5.5 officially released now.

Installing 5.5 has completed screwed my bluetooth and my phone is lagging like nothing I've ever experienced before. My bluetooth is now greyed out and "unavailable" in Settings.

Same thing happened to me. No Bluetooth and much lag. I had to uninstall MyWi and Pandora Downloader. This is very frustrating...Again!

Thanks

It's beta guys let him git the bugs fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Well not to disagree with you but I just saw this thread. I never installed a beta repo and got an update last night. If it was beta the issues would be acceptable.

Omg finally. I've been dying without ondemand. Hope to see more updates as there are still some bugs to fix.

Meh...no-go with BTStack...oh well. Works fine otherwise for me. To those having probs...be sure you remove iTether and whatever proprietary stack it's using (forgot its name). I initially had issues because of that. I suggest completely removing MyWi and reinstalling after a reboot.

-Fitz

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Actually, it's a full release and not a Beta. I ended up restoring my iPhone and MyWi 5.5 is now working. However, I can't restore my iPad 2 (unless I want to lose my JB) and nothing I've tried can get v5.5 working properly on the iPad. Just installing v5.5 causes a loss of bluetooth and serious lag....and I can't go back to the earlier version of MyWi that actually worked. I can't believe the problems this update is causing.

Thanks

Kinda scared to upgrade mine

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast