Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi OnDemand won't connect

Default same issue
    Same issue over here.

Followed the twitter advise and upgraded both of my devices to the 5.05.4 beta. Rebooted. Still having the problem though...

The iPad2 tries to connect to the 4s, but it never gets past Connecting...

If I switch the roles (4s client.... iPad2 hotspot), it does get further in the process...but still breaks. Iphone will show a IP address, but iPad will still say handshaking... even if it did connect through, it would be backwards, and therefore broken...but still..looks like it does more bluetooth wise that way.

I don't think I'll be buying the OnDemand license after the 3 days if it's going to be a hassle.

Annnnd their latest twitter update...

@intelliborn

"We are working on a MyWi OnDemand update for 5.0.1. Thanks!"

I can't connect as wifi also from my phone to my MacBook pro or iPad 2. Mywi is installed on my iPhone 4s. And what's on demand?

OnDemand is a function of this software that allows the Ipad to ONLY ask for a tethering connection to the iphone when the ipad is actively being used, as a way to greatly increase battery life. With just the straight bluetooth connection, the ipad will keep the connection active all the time, even in sleep mode. This sucks the battery dry fast.

Wifi mode is even more of a battery user, so if you have a macbook, connect instead via bluetooth. Simply pair the two devices under System Settings, then from the bluetooth menu choose "connect to network" under the name of your phone. The computer will connect to the phone (if MyWi BT mode is enabled) and you are online. The other (easier) way to do this is via hardline cable to your phone. Enable USB mode, and then just plug the phone in. It will appear as a new networking device in System Settings, and you are online.

I need the wifi function. But I just can't connect via Bluetooth or wifi. Thinking about just activating the hotspot function on my phone through my carrier. This jailbreak is too much headaches lol

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I downloaded the corona off of Cydia and its working

Just had a Cydia update for MyWi a lil bit ago. Might want to check that out everyone!

I don't see a Mywi update in Cydia. What version. Does the on demand work.

Jailbroke iPad2 and iPhone 4. Running MyWi 5.05.4 and OnDemand 4.50.6 on 4 and MyWi 5.04.5 and OnDemand 4.50.6 on iPad2.

iPad2 (Client) sees iPhone 4 as OnDemand Hotspot but remains "not connected"

IPhone (Hotspot) says "waiting for OnDemand Clients" under Authorized Devices.

No selection connects, WiFi, USB, or BT.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flyxwire, having the same issues as you. Only using an iPad1 and iPhone 4. Both are on the same iOS, and using the same versions of MyWi and ondemand.

I tried the updates that came available via cydia, and still no change. The on demand feature "bluetooth" is not working. I can use the hotspot feature but the on demand, which I paid for is still not working.

Maybe the update that was released was for a different issue?

Update: I just reported the issue to the dev site. I will post their answer or suggestions here when I get them.

Update 2: Here is the answer I got from the dev support

"This update was very specific for the 4S. We are still working on issues and I do expect an update within a week. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for your interest in Intelliborn,

Jackie Cross"
    Last edited by SOSDD; 01-22-2012 at 07:49 PM.

I'm glad it's not just me that's having issues. I got both my 4S and iPad 2 to connect on Friday. And I've spent most the morning trying to get it to connect again. Then I came across this thread.

I do recall an update that came out from Intelliborn on Friday or Saturday. I wonder if it was that update that messed things up!?

Default Mywi
    Mine will not pair either... the whole reason to own and jb the iphone/ipad...
    I guess i should have waited to upgrade and jb, but i am sure they are working diligently to repair.
    got to be grateful that i am not the only one! i thought i had done something wrong!
    please keep me in the loop, thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine too, I have been waiting on this forever. Almost funny it is not working. Like you said I am sure they will fix soon.

Hey mine is working in Adhoc mode. 4S @ 5.0.1 to Lt Vista.

MiWi v5.05.4

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Updated mine lastnight and it's working perfect now

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
    Hey mine is working in Adhoc mode. 4S @ 5.0.1 to Lt Vista.

MiWi v5.05.4
    This thread is about OnDemand which connects iDevices via Bluetooth, not about connecting an iDevice to a Windows machine via WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Updated mine lastnight and it's working perfect now
    I don't see an updated version. Cydia only shows the initial release (4.50.6).

Thanks

Glad you clarified, I got excited and then very confused.
    There is still no fix for mywifi ondemand for iDevices.

Still having problem after updating mywi app

Thanks

What update are you referring too

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast