+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mywi

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
just updated to the latest jailbreak and i am on iPhone 4 with 5.0.1. mywi is not working at all. it makes my internet stop completely and i have to
    Thanks
    Default mywi
    just updated to the latest jailbreak and i am on iPhone 4 with 5.0.1. mywi is not working at all. it makes my internet stop completely and i have to restart phone. anyone else? thanks

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Happening to me to. Think there is a problem in there. Hopefully the dev will make a fix for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Same problem here. Mywi is the only reason I jailbreak in the first place. Shudda stuck to 4.2.1!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A more descriptive thread title would have been helpful, but I am experiencing issues with MyWi since moving to the untethered jailbreak. Worked fine with tethered 5.0.1 jailbreak, but since going untethered I cannot negotiate on demand connections or any other when tethering my iPad to my iPhone. I have un installed and re installed the app, restored both the phone and iPad with no results. The phone acting as host shows the indicator for a connection, but the iPad does not. I tried wiping the Bluetooth connections and re negotiating them. That has proved problematic. Wondering if the issue might be based on how the new untethered JB is affecting Bluetooth.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm got the same problem. I can't use the internet on my iPhone once I enabled wifi tethering; even after I turn off the tethering. I'll have to restart my iPhone to get it to work again. Also, bluetooth tethering won't automatically turn on my bluetooth antenna either, so if I go into my iPhone settings to turn on my bluetooth it's grayed out and says "unavailable". I'll have to restart my iPhone so i can use my bluetooth antenna again.

Thanks
    Yeah I describe problem exactly. I turn mywi on and it disables my Internet and I have to restart my phone

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Have y'all updated to the newest redsnow?

Thanks
    Yes and intelliborn stated to me they are starting to get reports of same. In cydia can u tell what build u have?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coolemt View Post
    Yes and intelliborn stated to me they are starting to get reports of same. In cydia can u tell what build u have?
    Intelliborn actually responded to you? I twittered @intelliborn a couple of days ago and got no response. Everyone having this problem needs to contact them!

Thanks
    Yes they did respond

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same problems. Bluetooth not connecting, switched it around and updated my iPad "first" to 5.1 then redsn0wed it using beta .3 and left my iPhone 4 as is in JB os 4.3 Can connect using the hotspot wifi, iPad will not Bluetooth handshake to my iPhone.
    Will wait till the bugs are sorted before upgrading (iPhone) to 5.1 unless someone's got a better idea.
    Last edited by scotymac; 12-30-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolemt View Post
    just updated to the latest jailbreak and i am on iPhone 4 with 5.0.1. mywi is not working at all. it makes my internet stop completely and i have to restart phone. anyone else? thanks
    Yep- same here. The problem just started with iOS 5.0.1 and the latest MyWi 5.04.5. If I use MyWi, I have to reboot the phone afterward to enable any Internet access.

Kupe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just received this email from Intelliborn;

"This issue is due to an error in the earlier version of the 5.0.1 jailbreak. *The issue is resolved by either rejailbreaking via redsn0w 0.9.10b3 (download at blog.iphone-dev.org) or install via installing Corona Untether 1.0-3 in Cydia.

Thanks for your patience,

Thank you,

Jackie Cross"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just got the same reply. It worked for me!

This issue is due to an error in the earlier version of the 5.0.1 jailbreak. The issue is resolved by either rejailbreaking via redsn0w 0.9.10b3 (download at blog.iphone-dev.org) or install via installing Corona Untether 1.0-3 in Cydia.

Thanks for your patience,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got that email as well, tried reinstalling redsn0w b3 to no joy.
    Started all over and did a semi tethered jailbreak than used Corona to make my iPad untethered.
    Same problem mywi will not Bluetooth connect to my iPhone running O's4.3.3
    My instinct is saying it's a mywi issue and not redsn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think I spoke too soon about the fix. It returned

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1dakotaman View Post
    Have y'all updated to the newest redsnow?
    I had re run b3 over the prior jailbreak like they said could be done. Didnt work. Did another restore on iPad and iPhone and ran b3 and it works fine now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've tried the Corona trick too, no joy. Don't waste your time on it, the bug is somewhere in the way MyWi enables the tethering and I don't think it is just the BT stack either, or why would wifi access point crash too? This is something more deep with IOS 5. Try TetherMe, it is currently working for me between my 3GS and iPad wifi only, using BT.

Aaaaand... That has now been up and down on me too. Seems that TetherMe tied in to the tethering in the OS, as well as in MyWi and created some form of bridge between the two. The tether over Bluetooth worked, after a fashion, b/c I could have Internet EITHER on the iPad or the phone, but not both. A reboot was required to switch between, and both The "personal hotspot" of TetherMe and the MyWi BT tether needed to be on for anything to work. Otherwise, it would say it connected to the BT, but drop the connection after 5 seconds with no access actually enabled.

--sigh--
    Last edited by Geordi1; 01-06-2012 at 10:52 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default So much for that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash620 View Post
    I had re run b3 over the prior jailbreak like they said could be done. Didnt work. Did another restore on iPad and iPhone and ran b3 and it works fine now.
    Well it worked for a while, but my WiFi dropped out the other day. After the reboot, back to the same crap with MyWi. Unable to negotiate a Bluetooth connection.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Seriously?
    Upgraded to 5.5
    Last edited by sircutbreaker; 08-10-2012 at 05:10 AM.