Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: using 3GS as bluetooth Access Point...MyWi5 disconnects phone from WiFi.

Default using 3GS as bluetooth Access Point...MyWi5 disconnects phone from WiFi.
    Hard to describe, but I want to use the WiFi on the iPhone 3GS for data, and tether with bluetooth using MyWi.

I have a wifi connection, and browser works.

I start MyWi and enable bluetooth tether (called different things on the menu, depending on if you are on the bluetooth menu or the main screen)

I connect with bluetooth device.

At this point, my iPhone is no longer able to access the internet...the tethered device cannot either.

If I turn the wifi off then on again, the phone can now use the internet, but the tethered device still can't.

This happens every single time.

Where is the setting to allow the user to choose where the data comes from, or is this app unable to share the Wifi. I haven't tried the USB tether, but I don't need that.

I can't tell if the MyWi app is trying to use the remote bluetooth device as the source of internet data, or if it is disregarding the wifi connection and attempting to use the 3G data (that is turned off)

BTW, I don't have a way to turn off the phone part without also turning off bluetooth...unless there is another button I am missing.
    ...and USB tether works just fine to laptop.
    Last edited by yobecha; 12-02-2011 at 09:28 PM.