+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Not in range" on newly installed MYWI, no connectivity to Android tab :(

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Just installed MYWI 5.0 on a jail broken iPhone4. Seemed to install fine, setup a hotspot with WEP and password. Then tried to connect via my Samsung Galaxy Tab (7"
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default "Not in range" on newly installed MYWI, no connectivity to Android tab :(
    Just installed MYWI 5.0 on a jail broken iPhone4. Seemed to install fine, setup a hotspot with WEP and password.
    Then tried to connect via my Samsung Galaxy Tab (7" Android 2.1). The tab actually never sees the iPhone. I added the network manually.

The tab lists the network but always says "not in range" even though it is literally 6 inches away from the phone, pulsing away!

Turned off my local router/modem so there is no other nearby source and still no luck. Disabled WIFI on the iPhone so it was only 3G, no luck.

Turned off WEP and tried Open. No luck.

Any ideas why the tablet can't see/connect to my hotspot from the MYWI on the phone (though can connect the tab to my home WIFI easily and it sees networks in my neighborhood, even though they are definitely not nearby)?

Thanks for any assistance.
    KJQ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Is this a paid or cracked version of MyWi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Genuine, freshly downloaded version from Cydia last night.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No help? Dang

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the same issue with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 ...... did you figure it out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TabletGimp View Post
    I am having the same issue with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 ...... did you figure it out?
    Let's just say the technical support via email I was receiving disappeared after I actually paid for the application, in order to unlock it and try again.

I have been able to get it to work on my iPhone 4 by using ZT-180 Ad Hoc switcher. It is sort of hit and miss. You have to cycle through the app twice to enable and then disable before it seems to actually change to adhoc and 'sees' the MyWi broadcast. But at least it has worked a few times so far. Not exactly seamless.