+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi on IOS 5?

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Originally Posted by BernieG I re-jailed to b3 ... still locking up 3G ... MyWi however worked without reloading Mobile Substrate as promised. Still reinstalled it to see if it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieG View Post
    I re-jailed to b3 ... still locking up 3G ... MyWi however worked without reloading Mobile Substrate as promised. Still reinstalled it to see if it would help the lockup problem. No go. Oh well, un-tethered so I can live with a re-boot to release the 3G and give back my normal wireless.
    I did the same with the same results. Guess we just reboot until Intelliborn fixes the bug.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ReginaFalangy For This Useful Post:

BernieG (01-01-2012)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Hope they fix it soon I miss using it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just received this email from Intelliborn;

"This issue is due to an error in the earlier version of the 5.0.1 jailbreak. *The issue is resolved by either rejailbreaking via redsn0w 0.9.10b3 (download at blog.iphone-dev.org) or install via installing Corona Untether 1.0-3 in Cydia.

Thanks for your patience,

Thank you,

Jackie Cross"

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I'm at b3 and it still does it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Jackie, Thanks for the feedback, but this is not my experience. I have 0.9.10b3 up and running. Maybe the custom ispw I used is different. I used iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw. Initially I tried to only upgrade the JB, using Custom Selected ispw, but the generated BB xxxx was not accepted. I then locked locked up the whole phone using my existing .ipsw 5.0.1 9A405, and had to go back to iTunes Restore ...eeek. The Manual Select worked on the new install with .ipsw 9A405. I still get confused by the various options. But the iPhone is working now, just have to re-boot after using MyWi.

Bernard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieG View Post
    Hi Jackie, Thanks for the feedback, but this is not my experience. I have 0.9.10b3 up and running. Maybe the custom ispw I used is different. I used iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw. Initially I tried to only upgrade the JB, using Custom Selected ispw, but the generated BB xxxx was not accepted. I then locked locked up the whole phone using my existing .ipsw 5.0.1 9A405, and had to go back to iTunes Restore ...eeek. The Manual Select worked on the new install with .ipsw 9A405. I still get confused by the various options. But the iPhone is working now, just have to re-boot after using MyWi.

Bernard
    I think you need to send this to [email protected]

Thanks

Default MyWi and boot-loop
    Same here. I have restored 5 times to 5.0.1 and narrowed it to MyWi 5.0 for me. (And YES i paid the 11.99 so i have a legit copy) Since there new update, on 01/21/12, it will not allow my phone to reboot. I have installed exactly everything i had prior to the new updated MyWi and when i get to MyWi, i reboot and thats it... i tried installing at different times and the same thing.

I like and use it but no way am i going to do it a 5th time for a 6th restore! but, i will say, i have the restore to a "T" as i have all my mods in separate folders, that i just dump into the system files.. so it goes a bit quicker!!

Glad someone is writing about this.. and i sent them an email to there support.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are you sure you're using the latest redsn0w? I think it's like at beta 8 at this point. I thought it was fixed after using a later version and then it stopped working properly again. It seems to be fine now after updating to the latest jailbreak

Thanks

Yes I am using the most current. The newest one just came out a couple of weeks ago. Still has the problem.

Still trying to narrow down the conflict...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The conflict is that Intelliborn needs to quit farting around and update what we paid for. This wasn't broken by Corona, so it can't be fixed by corona either. This is a fundamental change in IOS 5 b/c apple loaded an entirely new BT stack. None of the tethering apps work with an ondemand function, so unless Intelliborn wrote all of them... This relates to what apple changed.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12