Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mywi wont work for me....

Default mywi wont work for me....
    I just updated to 4.3.1. Jailbroke and all that. Before i updated i was using mywi on 4.2.1 and it was working great.. anyway on to my problem...

So i open the app, click on the wifi symbol like normal. I get the spinning load wheel and then it says "cleaning up" but then it never connects. same thing when i go over to the wifi hotspot section. I slide the wifi hotspot switch to "on".. i get the load wheel and it says "cleaning up" and then it just goes right back to off.

Originally I would turn off my wifi on the device and then it would switch my wifi back on and connect to my network even after I selected for it to not do that in my settings app on the iphone. Anyway, any help would be great.. Its one of my favorite apps, now i cant even use it.

thanks

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by lifeorde4th View Post
    I just updated to 4.3.1. Jailbroke and all that. Before i updated i was using mywi on 4.2.1 and it was working great.. anyway on to my problem...

So i open the app, click on the wifi symbol like normal. I get the spinning load wheel and then it says "cleaning up" but then it never connects. same thing when i go over to the wifi hotspot section. I slide the wifi hotspot switch to "on".. i get the load wheel and it says "cleaning up" and then it just goes right back to off.

Originally I would turn off my wifi on the device and then it would switch my wifi back on and connect to my network even after I selected for it to not do that in my settings app on the iphone. Anyway, any help would be great.. Its one of my favorite apps, now i cant even use it.

thanks

Keith
    Same thing happens to me. Tried uninstall and reinstall, but nothing...

It's not working for me either. I emailed support and even included a syslog and no answer. . Why so much trouble and has their customer service always been this bad?

Bluetooth seems to be working fine...wifi hotspot just cleans up after switching to on....

MyWi sbsettings icon cant be shown in sbsetting although i switch it on to be shown anyone knows what is the problem?
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1066377445.png

Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    MyWi sbsettings icon cant be shown in sbsetting although i switch it on to be shown anyone knows what is the problem?
    Sorry to ask after so long, but im having the same problem, anyone found a solution??? Thanks!!

Same issue i am having. I posted this 2 days ago with no response yet:

"I am running ver 5.04.5 on a 3gs iOs 5.0.1 jailbroken with redsnow 0.9.9b8
    when i start MyFi everything works fine, but when i turn on the WiFi Hotspot, it will run for a min then turn itself off. Then it crashes my WiFi on my phone. I try and restart the hotspot and it says CLEANING UP MYFI and crashes again. The phone WiFi stays crashed and just looks for a connection. I can reboot tethered and it will restart my phones WiFi but the same thing happens when u try to start a MyFi hotspot. "

lots of people reading them but no response on a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by slayer152 View Post
    Same issue i am having. I posted this 2 days ago with no response yet:

"I am running ver 5.04.5 on a 3gs iOs 5.0.1 jailbroken with redsnow 0.9.9b8
    when i start MyFi everything works fine, but when i turn on the WiFi Hotspot, it will run for a min then turn itself off. Then it crashes my WiFi on my phone. I try and restart the hotspot and it says CLEANING UP MYFI and crashes again. The phone WiFi stays crashed and just looks for a connection. I can reboot tethered and it will restart my phones WiFi but the same thing happens when u try to start a MyFi hotspot. "

lots of people reading them but no response on a fix.
    And here I am, more than a month later, with the exact same problem

Default Ditto
    I'm am experiencing the same faults.

MiWi starts, displays the MyWi symbol, then turns the hot spot off after 'cleaning uo'. Meanwhile, the phone WiFi remains locked off until a reboot.

iOS 5.0.1, redsn0w 5.0.1, iPhone 3GS

Help would be appreciated from those who understand these things ... so far MiWi has not responded to my email but it is in the Xmas / New Year season.