+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpringBoard repeatedly crashing due to MyWi no rock app

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation SpringBoard repeatedly crashing due to MyWi no rock app
    i installed a cracked copy of MyWi no rock on my jailbroken iPhone running iOS 4.2.1 and springboard crashed straight after the respring, i can't get out of Safe Mode. the app did not install correctly and i now cannot remove it, i have tried to SSH to remove it but am unable to locate the files to remove.

Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Seán

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sean I also have this issue. It's as if the package download is corrupted or something equally bad. Attempts to reinstall, as well as remove the package throw errors quicker than I can read them. I've emailed the developer about the issue with no response as of today.

I followed the cydia steps for trying to recover from the near infinite SB crashes that occur at boot time, including getting the crash reporter, which identified MyWi as the culprit. But regardless I still can't get around this problem.

I'm using 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

MonsoonMan, cheers for the reply, i had no luck so ended up restoring the iPhone. you are correct, however, about it not installing properly. as a precaution i have chosen to stay away from Rock dependant apps, regardless of whether an edition not needing Rock is available. if you do find a solution i'd be interested to hear it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This happened to me and it was driving me nuts, but the solution was a bit of a no brainer when I figured it out. All you have to do is disable the dylib and plist for MyWi and it will not be loaded when Springboard boots.

If it happens to anyone, just manually gut the app via ssh. the files you need to delete are located in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries. Just get rid of them and reboot your phone either via ssh or the phone itself.

Doing this is basically prevented MyWi from being loaded on start up.

After doing this, Cydia was still giving me errors when I tried removing MyWi(no rock) so I just ssh'd in and removed it by hand (rm -rf /Applications/MyWi.app). This removed the MyWi icon from Springboard.

So the lesson of the day is, being somewhat proficeint from the command line can save you some headaches.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joewonderbread For This Useful Post:

Igsr0909 (03-05-2012), Ricarditus (02-11-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joewonderbread View Post
    This happened to me and it was driving me nuts, but the solution was a bit of a no brainer when I figured it out. All you have to do is disable the dylib and plist for MyWi and it will not be loaded when Springboard boots.

If it happens to anyone, just manually gut the app via ssh. the files you need to delete are located in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries. Just get rid of them and reboot your phone either via ssh or the phone itself.

After doing this, Cydia was still giving me errors when I tried removing MyWi(no rock) so I just ssh'd in and removed it by hand (rm -rf /Applications/MyWi.app). This removed the MyWi icon from Springboard.

So the lesson of the day is, being somewhat proficeint from the command line can save you some headaches.
    How do i ssh into my iphone while in safe mode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If you have openssh installed. Just ssh into via the terminal.
    ssh [email protected] (whatever your phones WLAN ip is). Then follow my instructions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this issue going to be fixed? I purchased the mywi and it caused springboard to crash and put my phone into safe mode. I uninstalled the mywi and everything is working fine now except I paid for something I cant use or even find any longer. Just jb my iphone 4 last night and loaded cydia along with the suggested mywi 4.0 and mywi ondemand. Had to uninstall these, wasted 24$ ???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    emkymo:
    Sometimes a restoring your phone and rejailbreaking it solves some problems.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

joe

Thanks for the tip, it restored my iphone to working conditions. The problem I had was that Before I read your post, I had already deleted the /Applications/MyWi.App using WinSCP instead of using the rm command. I thought it did not make a difference but the MyWi is still in the "packages" list and when I even scroll to the "M" part of the list so that the MyWi name is visible, the Cydia app closes.

Any suggestions? TKS

Mark

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

1) Stop installing cracked apps - they will break your phone and possibly expose you to viruses/steal your info
    2) Never delete any app manually off the phone. Use Cydia.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay so I kind of have the same problem!!! I installed fontswap and my springboard crashed so I uninstalled it but a pop up keeps saying that my spring board crashed and I'm now in save mode and I've clicked restart like 50 times and turned my phone off 3 times. I don't know what else to do!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Safe mode**

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SSH or use ifile
    I had this same problem, if you have ifile installed on your phone you can delete the files that way. much easier if you don't have ssh set up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you so much for posting this, you saved me! I,m so thankful you have o idea...this was a headache, i tried deleting them in another way on ifile but didnt wirked and your worked perfectly! Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this, you saved me! I,m so thankful you have o idea...this was a headache, i tried deleting them in another way on ifile but didnt wirked and your worked perfectly! Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Igsr0909; 03-05-2012 at 03:18 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you might not think it but your a friggin genius....thanks so much joewonderbread this worked perfect

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You sir, are an absolute genius. i could not, for the love of my iphone, get it out of safe mode. it was killing me. i already had MobileTerminal and iFile so this worked perfectly. again, thank you for pretty much saving my life. i almost had to restore and wait another week for the 5.1.1 untethered.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stuck on apple logo
    Hope someone can help.. I installed the MyWi app on my Jailbroken IPAD 5.1.1 . When I rebooted it was stuck at the apple logo. I was able to use the volume up to disable Mobile Subtrate and remove the app BUT it still wont do a normal boot.. I can only boot by using the volume up which disables Mobile Subtrate ... I assume that installing MyWi corrupted something... Does anyone know what I can do to resolve? I was just going to restore but Itunes wants to restore to IOS6 and will no longer let you install 5.1.1 ... since there is no untethered JB for IOS 6 I need to fix this issue.....

Thanks....

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Have ya removed all the files in cydia with it when you were in safe mode? And did ya pay for this tweak?