+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downloading results in "Size Mismatch"

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
I've been having problems with MyWi 8.3 on my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1, so I tried to reinstall through Cydia. When I try to download the app again, an
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Downloading results in "Size Mismatch"
    I've been having problems with MyWi 8.3 on my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1, so I tried to reinstall through Cydia. When I try to download the app again, an error pops up saying "Size mismatch". The install fails, then I have to reboot springboard.

On a side note, does anyone have any good resources for getting laptops connected to ad-hoc networks? My config for my ad-hoc connection acts as if it doesn't know what a DHCP server is.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Are you getting mywi from intelliborn?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Paid for and downloading through Cydia.
    Last edited by rollinsio; 11-24-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: icanhazspeelingprobelms

Thanks

hmm.. thats weird. Maybe there is a conflict with something else you may have installed.

edit: So you just paid for and are downloading it now or paid for it originally and it is giving you issues?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow, bizarre. I was trying to install it from the add link. Searched for it and installed it from the search and it installed fine. I noticed that they have changelogs for 4.9+, I wonder if I tried to download when they were updating something?

So, downloading problems seem to be cleared up, thanks.

Thanks

Ya maybe they were updating it then.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just looked, and the version I have now is 4.10.1. I bet I tried to download when they were updating.

Thanks

They may have just put through a update for 4.2.1 compatibility.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would be interesting to see if that's what it is. Still not a fan of tethered jailbreaks. Wish Geohot hadn't preempted chronic's jailbreak. Wouldn't have to deal with this right now. Oh well.

Thanks

Actually the other exploit that chronic dev was supposed to use (Shatter) is a tethered jailbreak as well so we still would have been at the same point. The only difference being that the the older devices would have been left out in the cold.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Interesting. I remember reading from chronic dev team's twitter stream that it was untethered. But, finding one tweet in thousands is a pain, so I googled it. Around September 10, everyone was saying tethered. On the 14th CDT came out and said they haven't announced it's tethering status. On October 8, Funky Space Monkey reported this article stating that CDT was able to untether it: SHAtter Is No Longer A Tethered Exploit | FSMdotCOM

Anyways, it's all idle speculation now and doesn't matter. Hopefully, the jailbreak for 4.2 will get untethered! Though, I don't know what compelling features there are to upgrade right now.

Thanks

They were going to use the same Comex exploit to make it untethered that they ended up using with the limra1n exploit. That part was patched in 4.2.1 meaning no more untethered. The same would have happened with the Shatter exploit. The Dev team is working on making it untethered though so hopefully it will be at some point.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

rollinsio (11-24-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ah, good to know. Untethered is definitely the way it needs to be, so hopefully that won't be long in coming.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

FYI: Sizemismatch means u didn't download the entire file (your internet connection isn't so good or the server serving the file has an issue). To ensure it's not the server, add intelliborn.com/beta4 to your Cydia -> Manage -> Sources -> Add list and try downloading MyWi from intelliborn.com.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!