+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Mywi not working properly

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
First, let me say I have a jailbroken 3gs phone with the latest OS (4.1), jailbroken with limera1n and installed with the latest Mywi app. I run Windows XP. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default New Mywi not working properly
    First, let me say I have a jailbroken 3gs phone with the latest OS (4.1), jailbroken with limera1n and installed with the latest Mywi app. I run Windows XP. I am not a computer Geek, but somewhat computer literate.

On Apple's 3.1.3 OS, I used to run Mywi for hours with no problem. I live in 'dial-up' country, so Mywi/jailbroken phone is the only way I can get high speed internet.

After I updated to the latest version, I noticed that:

1. I can only run Mywi with Mywi USB, and I can't run Mywi USB alone. AT ALL. Period. Doesn't connect. I can run them together, but the following problem usually happens even quicker:

Even with Mywi (with the USB cord attached or not attached) the internet connection slows down to a trickle and then halts completely after the first 1/2 hour I go on the internet in the morning, and then in increasingly tighter intervals (20 min, 15 min, etc), then I lose the connection and the only way I can get it back is to power down the phone, turn of the wirless internet connection on my computer's end, power back up the phone and turn back on the wireless internet connection. This is incredibly frustrating and I have tried different computers (both with XP) with the same result.

I see that some other people are having similar issues.

I have some questions:

Would changing channels or IP addresses help? My channel is currently 9 and my address is 192.168..etc.

Also, and very important, which of the formats connects thru 3G only, Mywi or MYwi USB? I live about 6 miles from the tower and often only get 3 bars. TETHERING WITH THIS WAS NO PROBLEM IN THE PAST, with the prior MYWI app.

I have also deleted and re-installed the app, with no more success.

Has anyone heard from the maker of this app about what is going on? As I said, it's incredibly frustrating, as I use my laptop for my job on a daily basis.

Also, what about using Pda.net instead, anyone try this?

Thanks in advance, and much appreciation for any response to my questions.

Edit:

I was reading another thread with solutions(6 pages in thread, don't remember title) regarding same issue and as a result, this is what I am trying:

On latest download, 4.8.3, I believe (which is what I had anyway):. I just changed bridged from 3G to Mywi (this makes sense as I only get 3G on and off anyway, being 6 miles from the tower), and I am tethering via Mywi and Mywi USB simultaneously.

I'll let everyone know what happens.
    Last edited by dowdeva; 10-26-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dowdeva View Post
    First, let me say I have a jailbroken 3gs phone with the latest OS (4.1), jailbroken with limera1n and installed with the latest Mywi app. I run Windows XP. I am not a computer Geek, but somewhat computer literate.

On Apple's 3.1.3 OS, I used to run Mywi for hours with no problem. I live in 'dial-up' country, so Mywi/jailbroken phone is the only way I can get high speed internet.

After I updated to the latest version, I noticed that:

1. I can only run Mywi with Mywi USB, and I can't run Mywi USB alone. AT ALL. Period. Doesn't connect. I can run them together, but the following problem usually happens even quicker:

Even with Mywi (with the USB cord attached or not attached) the internet connection slows down to a trickle and then halts completely after the first 1/2 hour I go on the internet in the morning, and then in increasingly tighter intervals (20 min, 15 min, etc), then I lose the connection and the only way I can get it back is to power down the phone, turn of the wirless internet connection on my computer's end, power back up the phone and turn back on the wireless internet connection. This is incredibly frustrating and I have tried different computers (both with XP) with the same result.

I see that some other people are having similar issues.

I have some questions:

Would changing channels or IP addresses help? My channel is currently 9 and my address is 192.168..etc.

Also, and very important, which of the formats connects thru 3G only, Mywi or MYwi USB? I live about 6 miles from the tower and often only get 3 bars. TETHERING WITH THIS WAS NO PROBLEM IN THE PAST, with the prior MYWI app.

I have also deleted and re-installed the app, with no more success.

Has anyone heard from the maker of this app about what is going on? As I said, it's incredibly frustrating, as I use my laptop for my job on a daily basis.

Also, what about using Pda.net instead, anyone try this?

Thanks in advance, and much appreciation for any response to my questions.

Edit:

I was reading another thread with solutions(6 pages in thread, don't remember title) regarding same issue and as a result, this is what I am trying:

On latest download, 4.8.3, I believe (which is what I had anyway):. I just changed bridged from 3G to Mywi (this makes sense as I only get 3G on and off anyway, being 6 miles from the tower), and I am tethering via Mywi and Mywi USB simultaneously.

I'll let everyone know what happens.

mywi (bought it ) isnt working plz help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm in the same boat, the 4.8.3 update fixed it for a while and now since yesterday the usb over 3g stopped working.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

Please try adding intelliborn.com/beta4 as a source in Cydia. 4.9.3 should solve your problems.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!