+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to buy mywi with Cydia?

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
I would like to purchase a license for mywi as my trial has expired. However when I click purchase it brings me to Cydia and I do not see an
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default How to buy mywi with Cydia?
    I would like to purchase a license for mywi as my trial has expired. However when I click purchase it brings me to Cydia and I do not see an option to buy just the standard "modify" with reinstall/remove. How do I get a license now as rock is gone?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mztemp For This Useful Post:

bbburson (10-17-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is how it worked for me.
    I had to still download rock app. even though the app has nothing in it cydia did not bring up any cydia store functions until after i downloaded rock. once i did that and went to purchase some new buttons for the store popped up and let me transfer my liscence over.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks. I tried this and I do not have new buttons in cydia. I go to either mywi or rock and click on purchase mywi I am brought to cydia mywi app and still have the modify button and the rest I the same with no option to actually buy I first installed mywi before rock was acquired and created a account but not used it up until now - not sure if this makes any difference.

Green Apple
    Thanks

did you scroll half way down the cydia page? there should be some yellow buttons there now.
    Try uninstalling mywi first and then go to the cydia and create a store login.
    Let me warn you though i just created a post on glitches with 4+ and mywi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How do you create a cydia login? My cydia does not have such option and do not see yellow buttons ...

Green Apple
    Thanks

uninstall the mywi app

install rock, and then go back to cydia

On the MAIN page of cydia you should see a mywi button, click that.
    Then scroll half way down the page (more or less) and there should be some yellow buttons. Sorry brother but i dont remember what they say. i used the one that let me port my rock login to cydia because i bought it pre merger. If thats what you did you will have to go the same route. i remember easily being able to tell what to hit tho.

i know how you feel it took me like a week to figure it out, cydia is not very dumb user friendly so i spent a few night crying naked in the corner until i found this out. google was no help on this situation.

if your still having problems restore your phone and DO NOT install mywi. go cydia - rock - then back to cydia and install mywi with the yellow buttons.

For my own paranoia i also ONLY run cydia after turning off phone data and being on my wifi connection. I truly think att and apple screw with yoru phone during the process if data is turned on. Everytime i run cydia with data on some package gets screwed or i lose some source links. ever since i started only starting cydia without data on it works fast and much cleaner.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Wait a while for it to finish loading and u should see somewhere on the page where it says "commercial package $19.99" click that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I figure out the problem - a while back I disabled ads in cydia by editing package.js. I changed it back and was able to see the yellow button and follow the purchasing procedure. Thank you for your help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey let me know how it works for you. check out my post about the glitches i was experiencing. maybe we can figure out some work arounds

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Bought My3G today through Cydia, this is my first Cydia purchase,
    how long does it take to activate my purchase?
    When reinstall the software, Purchased License was not updated.

tks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to buy mywi with Cydia? DDDDONT!!
    i bought it yesterday and i have not bn able to make it work my iphone keeps on going to safe mode ..i tried everything
    HOPE MODMYI..helps out cause this is bull

***am talking about MYWY 4.0******* plz help

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Wait a while for it to finish loading and u should see somewhere on the page where it says "commercial package $19.99" click that
    i bought it but it just jumps into safe mode
    Last edited by brucewayne09; 10-26-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost