Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Lock Issue

Default MyWi Lock Issue
    Hello friends.

First, thanks in advance for your time. I really appreciate any help anyone can offer me.

My issue is this:

MyWi 4 runs fine on my iPhone 4. I can use it to tether by both WiFi and USB. The issue is that after running it, whether I close it normally or if the phone auto-locks, I can't get the phone to wake from the lock.

Is anyone else having this issue, and is there a fix? I hate having to force a reboot by holding the home button and power button every time I use this software.

Any ideas?

Never happens to me..if u have sbsettings check and see if the mywi subtrate is on..also, try re-installing it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

mitchellmi (09-30-2010)

First, thanks for your time. Second, I do have SBSettings, and in mobile substrate, the MyWi toggle is on. I do have the iPhoneDeliveryMS toggle off because it was interfering with Facebook when they released their update about a month ago. Could that have something to do with it?

Edit: Also, I have tried reinstalling it, just to be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Never happens to me..if u have sbsettings check and see if the mywi subtrate is on..also, try re-installing it
    Last edited by mitchellmi; 09-30-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: More info needed

I think the problem is not with mywi, but with other cydia apps interfering with mywi. Which other cydia apps do u have installed?

It's tough to tell exactly which ones I have because when you go the Manage > Packages tab, there's a TON of stuff there. Going through the list is rough, but if I need to, I'll do the best I can.

Off of the top of my head, I have the following:

Winterboard
    iFile
    Backgrounder
    Facebreak

I would assume there are a ton more that are installed by default.

Could you see any issues with any of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    I think the problem is not with mywi, but with other cydia apps interfering with mywi. Which other cydia apps do u have installed?
    Last edited by mitchellmi; 09-30-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Application name censoring?

Try removing backgrounder and see what happens..do u have supreme preferences? Or any other apps that might be related to the screen time-out or multitasking.
    Also check what you have in winterboard, anything in there that looks suspicious? Winterboard itself won't do anything, but the themes and stuff for it might be