+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 and MyWi on iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
IT WORKED!!! I had a 3GS, old boot-ROM (took a while to find out which) that on 3.1.2 I JB'd w/ BlackRa1n, then had to later upgrade to 3.1.3 (due
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Re: Jailbreak of iPhone iOS 4
    IT WORKED!!! I had a 3GS, old boot-ROM (took a while to find out which) that on 3.1.2 I JB'd w/ BlackRa1n, then had to later upgrade to 3.1.3 (due to crash) to 3.1.3 and re-JB'd w/ Spirit, and recently (2 days ago) wanted to see what 4 would be like (i.e. once JB'd how much would I really need to still do to it)... 4 was great, but I missed MyWi too much (and can't stand paying at&t for more data services (tethering) that I still don't get enough out of...

I downloaded the 3.1.2 IPSW, repointed itunes, and restored it twice over. I then got the 1015 error, and found a good article on how to use QuickPwn to kick it back to life (on W7 x64), then was able to re-JB w/ BlackRa1n. Now I'm on 3.1.2 again, and ready to Sn0wBreeze my way back to 4.

Here's the thread.
    **HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE

I must have MyWi. Hopefully out of beta soon!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Mywi - issues
    Mywi has worked great for me over a yr now! The issue is that I'm having with the app is it will load but after the phone dims the "MYWI" app crashes! It can be restarted but it is very annoying? I've also pre-ordered phone 4, any idea when MyWi will have a version 4 ready?
    Thx

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ivankilz View Post
    Mywi has worked great for me over a yr now! The issue is that I'm having with the app is it will load but after the phone dims the "MYWI" app crashes! It can be restarted but it is very annoying? I've also pre-ordered phone 4, any idea when MyWi will have a version 4 ready?
    Thx
    Supposedly soon! Enable iOS 4 Tethering on iPhone and iPod touch with MyWi 4.0 [Jailbreak] | Redmond Pie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If anyone is totally reliant on their iPhone for home or laptop Internet access I have found a way for mywi to work on ios 4. I have 3G jailbroken with redsn0w and wanted to see what would happen of I dl mywi to my device in my situation. Of course it rebooted and put me in safe mode but I opened the app and selected Bluetooth and USB tethering "on" and that alone didn't get my home pc online. I ten went to my network settings and was suprised to see the option for "Internet tethering" there. So I enabled it via USB (because my Bluetooth doesn't work on home pc) and that did work to get my home pc online. I haven't tried wifi to connect my pc to Internet using the app but the USB option does work. A side note... I just removed mywi (because I no longer need my home pc online and i obviously don't like my iPhone in safe mode when I can help it) but for some reason the option for "internet tethering" is still avaliable under my network sertings. I am away from access to my pc at the moment so i don't know if it would still work if I hooked my iPhone up to my pc, but am gonna try it and hope it does. If not, obj well. Will probably just wait for mywi update. But for those out there who's Internet access options are as limited as mine are, this may be an option.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dmflora85 View Post
    If anyone is totally reliant on their iPhone for home or laptop Internet access I have found a way for mywi to work on ios 4. I have 3G jailbroken with redsn0w and wanted to see what would happen of I dl mywi to my device in my situation. Of course it rebooted and put me in safe mode but I opened the app and selected Bluetooth and USB tethering "on" and that alone didn't get my home pc online. I ten went to my network settings and was suprised to see the option for "Internet tethering" there. So I enabled it via USB (because my Bluetooth doesn't work on home pc) and that did work to get my home pc online. I haven't tried wifi to connect my pc to Internet using the app but the USB option does work. A side note... I just removed mywi (because I no longer need my home pc online and i obviously don't like my iPhone in safe mode when I can help it) but for some reason the option for "internet tethering" is still avaliable under my network sertings. I am away from access to my pc at the moment so i don't know if it would still work if I hooked my iPhone up to my pc, but am gonna try it and hope it does. If not, obj well. Will probably just wait for mywi update. But for those out there who's Internet access options are as limited as mine are, this may be an option.
    This works fine with a PC/macbook but we cannot use the Internet Tethering feature with an iPad coz its Bluetooth doesn't work with the iPad.
    Furthermore, there is no solution of USB between iPhone and iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

^ I'm currently in the same boat. Need a bridge between my 3GS on iOS4 and my iPad.
    3G vs 3G'S' is like comparing a standard BMW to an 'M-Tech' version of the same car. They pretty much look identical, but it's whole 'nother beast beneath the shell.
    The 'S' is for 'Sheer' Power.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can confirm that with iOS 4.1 running on iPhone 3GS, MyWi 4.0 tethering via wifi is working just fine on the latest MyWi release. However, USB tethering seems to be broken, which is a shame since USB was faster. I can still plug in the cable to prevent battery drain, but then it seems silly not to have access to USB tethering. Oh well, I suppose it beats getting a new contract to pay AT&T more money for less service.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been along time Mywi user and love it. For My iphone 4.0 usb tethering worked fine but wifi hotspot stopped working. no device could even see the wifi network tried chaning names,wep on and off nothing. Figured I would wait to upgradeto 4.1 and thought that would fix it.

Upgraded to 4.1 The latest version of Mywi is even flakier. to getusb tethering towork I have to reboot the Iphone.No wifi hotspot visible. at one point with wifi tethering turned off and wifi turned on on the iphone mywi showed 7 connected devices and the battery was draining fast. I am uninstalling until another version is released.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12