+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Massive Battery Drain even when MyWi isn't running?

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Anyone else get this? my phone also has screen delay since I got this app. I removed it and still it persists.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Massive Battery Drain even when MyWi isn't running?
    Anyone else get this? my phone also has screen delay since I got this app. I removed it and still it persists.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Major battery drainage
    I have the same issue. And plugging the phone in to charge while in use doesn't help either.. massive drainage going on..rendering it almost useless.
    Last edited by Methatswho; 04-15-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are you 100% sure that miwi isn't still running(backgrounder)?

Every once in a while, I'll get this drainage while using it tethered and I can't make any sense of it. It happens about 10% of the time, but if I unplug/replug it in, it charges right back up. I've never had a problem when it wasn't running.

Thanks

i've also noticed while tethered with mywi the phone gets really hot to the touch. as well as draining even while plugged in.

what i did was tethered via usb and made sure wifi was off. still slight battery drain but not as bad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Jab, I've noticed the same thing about it heating up. I can't make sense out of this anymore, because it's so inconsistent. Most of the time, I won't have any or very little battery drain when connected by USB with wifi off, but on a rare occasion, it will suck the life out of the battery in no time. It may have something to do with trying to stream audio, but I can't say for sure.

When USB tethered, and getting the drain-it seems like it's totally shot until a power down and reboot-even if MiWi/tethering is off and it's not tethered(it would still lose battery when not in use and connected to my car charger).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The phone does get quick hot when I use mywi when the phone's in my pocket. However when I close it battery goes back to normal ( I think, if it does then it's a very negligable difference)

In terms of battery drain, it does drain it more than normal but i think it's just equivalent to a normal session of browsing the web using the iphone.