+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Doesn't work well at all

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
I just downloaded the latest version and it just doesn't work well. I had to turn off USB/Bluetooth tethering before Wifi tethering would startup. It kept trying to start, but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Doesn't work well at all
    I just downloaded the latest version and it just doesn't work well. I had to turn off USB/Bluetooth tethering before Wifi tethering would startup. It kept trying to start, but would just shut off after a few seconds. Once I got it started, my laptop would not connect.

I rebooted my iPhone and that allowed my laptop to connect, but the connection lasted about 30 seconds or so before the MyWi crashed and I had to restart Springboard.

This is very, very beta. I might give the USB tethering a try to see if that works better.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

Please try 0.96 (see release notes)
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That seemed to work a bit better. It lasted about two minutes before the app crashed. The upside was that I was able to get connected with no problem.

Thanks

john - can you send me your syslog file?
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    john - can you send me your syslog file?
    Sure. How do I get the file?

Thanks

Easiest way is to download the rock your phone desktop client --> alt/right click on phone selecting View iPhone System Log. Then have the issue reoccur and cut & paste the window in an email or pastie.org

Thx!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I got home and hooked up my iPhone and I've been tethered for about five minutes with no problems. I'll have the logs if something goes wrong, but it seems to be working okay at the moment. In fact, I'm posting this message while tethered. I'll update you if something significant happens.