+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Release notes

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Originally Posted by jjboy1 where did you get cracked version of MyWi? He cant say, Forum rules. Im seeing different answers on whether mywi 4.0 works on ios4. Can somebody
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjboy1 View Post
    where did you get cracked version of MyWi?
    He cant say, Forum rules.

Im seeing different answers on whether mywi 4.0 works on ios4. Can somebody confirm this for me?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile MyWi 4.0 on iOS4
    I tried MyWi (4.0) on my iOS4 iphone (3GS) - works great (tried with my iPad).

But... now my iPhones WiFi keeps dropping its connection.

I purchased MyWi (3.x No Rock) through Cydia some time ago but can not find a way to upgrade to 4.0 at the upgrade price (using the trial version at the moment).

Any help...?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole48 View Post
    I tried MyWi (4.0) on my iOS4 iphone (3GS) - works great (tried with my iPad).

But... now my iPhones WiFi keeps dropping its connection.

I purchased MyWi (3.x No Rock) through Cydia some time ago but can not find a way to upgrade to 4.0 at the upgrade price (using the trial version at the moment).

Any help...?
    A few more of us in the same boat as you. See the thread on it here:

MyWi (No Rock) not being updated and no upgrade path provided

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Red face .
    oops.
    Last edited by flochner; 07-15-2010 at 07:55 AM. Reason: replied to thread by accident instead of making new one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll buy MyWi when and only when the price comes down to a more reasonable level and it's not tied to me installing Rock.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by studangerous View Post
    I'll buy MyWi when and only when the price comes down to a more reasonable level and it's not tied to me installing Rock.
    Then you will never buy MyWi my friend. Even though it's "high price" is lower than the cost of 2 months of AT&T's tethering and lasts forever.

Thanks

was an early MyWi adopter back when. Worked great for my 3G. Had LOTS of probs with it on my 3GS and can't get ANYWHERE on my 4. Shows connected, I then connect my iPad/Mac/PC Laptop and it shows a connection.

I have the blue MyWi bar on the iPhone and I check my IP Address on my device and it shows to be a good one.

However my devices ALL show that I am not connected to an internet signal at all. I can't figure this out, it's driving me crazy.

Also, my wifi numeric signal meter just goes wild. One second (with my iphone sitting by it, almost touching it will say -15 one minute and then -92 the next (and everywhere inbetween).

It just flat out doesn't work. I am really frustrated because this is the NUMBER ONE app I wanted! I have been VERY, VERY excited about it and now can't even use it. I called the company and a guy asnwered the phone and helped me out and it worked once, then never again. I have called that number back about 20 times since and NO ONE EVER ANSWERS at any time of the day.

I did what he suggested and sent emails for support including logs and screenshots and all that but NEVER even got a reply!

Please help me, I would pay double/triple for this app again if it would just work for me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to brojimh For This Useful Post:

vmguy (11-21-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 51N7 View Post
    He cant say, Forum rules.

Im seeing different answers on whether mywi 4.0 works on ios4. Can somebody confirm this for me?
    I would give it a no go! It works at a functional level but then it messes quite well with your wifi:
    - wifi toggle doesn't work anymore
    - wifi is off but still jumping in the first open network, big mess when you want to use 3G and it's using a wifi without Internet!
    - reboot, reset of network setting dorks but only temporarily!

They clearly need to fix it for iPhone 4 and iOS 4.01.

Quote Originally Posted by almograve View Post
    I would give it a no go! It works at a functional level but then it messes quite well with your wifi:
    - wifi toggle doesn't work anymore
    - wifi is off but still jumping in the first open network, big mess when you want to use 3G and it's using a wifi without Internet!
    - reboot, reset of network setting dorks but only temporarily!

They clearly need to fix it for iPhone 4 and iOS 4.01.
    + removing mywi doesn't fix the issues and restoring the iPhone with backup either (if you have backup with mywi at some point in time)
    Last edited by almograve; 08-03-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Works great for me on my iPhone4. No issues.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I drove around San Francisco looking at houses to rent all day Sunday using MyWi on a 3G iPhone and an iPad. Never dropped carrier or signal.

I'm using MyWi on an iPhone 4 tethered to a MacBook right now. Both are up to date; iOS 4.0.1, MyWi 4.3.

I'm not affiliated with the MyWi people, but I can tell you that they work very hard to keep their product working. There was a short time after 3.0 came out that I had to resort to iPhone Modem for connection, but MyWi came back better than ever within a few weeks and I gladly switched back.

The new 4.0 version was well worth the upgrade price. Like I say, I'm using it now and I might as well be connected to the WiFi at Starbucks. It's just as fast and reliable.

My iPhone 4 is jailbreaked via jailbreakme.com. My wife used Spirit on her 3G and my daughter used Pwnage Tool on her 3G. (We don't have any 3Gs'.) All of us use MyWi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdfu View Post
    I drove around San Francisco looking at houses to rent all day Sunday using MyWi on a 3G iPhone and an iPad. Never dropped carrier or signal.

I'm using MyWi on an iPhone 4 tethered to a MacBook right now. Both are up to date; iOS 4.0.1, MyWi 4.3.

I'm not affiliated with the MyWi people, but I can tell you that they work very hard to keep their product working. There was a short time after 3.0 came out that I had to resort to iPhone Modem for connection, but MyWi came back better than ever within a few weeks and I gladly switched back.

The new 4.0 version was well worth the upgrade price. Like I say, I'm using it now and I might as well be connected to the WiFi at Starbucks. It's just as fast and reliable.

My iPhone 4 is jailbreaked via jailbreakme.com. My wife used Spirit on her 3G and my daughter used Pwnage Tool on her 3G. (We don't have any 3Gs'.) All of us use MyWi.
    Hi I downloaded mywi with rock (new version) for ios4. I can get my mbp to find and join the new wifi network but it won't connect to the internet.
    If I connect it to usb it comes up with new network connection I then go apply and it works very well.
    When I checked the advanced settings whilst trying to connect via wifi it still has the my ap extreme ip settings, when I checked mywi it's ip setting were something like 192.168.20.0 so I went into my mbp and changed it to that on the router and added 192.168.20.1 as the ip address, still not working.
    From readinf different forums there doesn't seem to be any issues for ipad owners only mbp one's.
    Can you offer a solution or idea please.
    Cheers
    Rob

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by com5984 View Post
    Hi I downloaded mywi with rock (new version) for ios4. I can get my mbp to find and join the new wifi network but it won't connect to the internet.
    If I connect it to usb it comes up with new network connection I then go apply and it works very well.
    When I checked the advanced settings whilst trying to connect via wifi it still has the my ap extreme ip settings, when I checked mywi it's ip setting were something like 192.168.20.0 so I went into my mbp and changed it to that on the router and added 192.168.20.1 as the ip address, still not working.
    From readinf different forums there doesn't seem to be any issues for ipad owners only mbp one's.
    Can you offer a solution or idea please.
    Cheers
    Rob
    Why is there a router involved? MyWi is the "router". Your MBP connects to it and it connects to your carrier.

I have never had to change routers or IP addresses - whether using USB or WiFi tethering. USB must be setup in the network pref pane on the MBP, but that is nothing more than adding it as a new service. When you plug your phone into the MBP and start MyWi, the port is automatically recognized and all you have to do is add it.

WiFi is even easier (although runs slower). The hot spot just shows up in the Airport menu [under devices].

MyWi will distribute DHCP in the 192.168.x.x range. Tell your MBP to use DHCP. There is nothing to configure after that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks heaps, the problem was my mbp set dhcp+manual. Just changed it to dchp and it's working perfectly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Everyone,
    Having the same problem getting mywi to work with my mbp. I have followed the suggestions outlined here but still am unable to get my mbp to use the mywi connection. I select the mywi connection and then airport self generates it's own IP that is not within the range noted on mywi. I do not have any problem with USB tethering or using mywi on my iPad. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Make sure in advanced settings you have ivp6 set to automatic

Thanks

Will at&t find out I'm using MyWi?

Green Apple
    Thanks

They can probably figure it out by your data usage, but that's not a problem.

Green Apple
    Thanks

They haven't complained to me - and I've been using it for years! I have the original UNLIMITED data plan and use it exclusively when I'm away on business - sometimes for months at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Will at&t find out I'm using MyWi?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I see 4.60.3 in Cydia. No notes on what changed. Anyone know?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No notes on the MyWi update anywhere. Thats sketch