+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Release notes

is a discussion within the

MyWi

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Originally Posted by TomC any plans to support 3.1.X firmware? he said they are working on it, no idea about the time frame for an update though
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    any plans to support 3.1.X firmware?
    he said they are working on it, no idea about the time frame for an update though

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Progress Update?
    Hey Developer,

Can you give us a progress update? Roadblocks? Problems? Anything that might show us that you're alive?

You've written a great program - the best! So while we have PDANet and iPhone Modem to fall back on, neither is as fast or flexible as MyWi. It's only natural for us to be anxious.

I've spent $30 on all 3 apps. I would have rather sent it all to you if I thought it would help.

bd

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I want my money back if it's not going to be updated. Kind of janky. Great when it worked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone interstink's Avatar
    Thanks

Time for you all to take your foot out of your mouth!

iPhone Tethering Hack for 3.1 now available in MyWi update 3.1.8! Also turn your iPhone into WiFi HotSpot!

MyWi - Rock Your Phone

We should all be thankful most developers continue to update, for what Apple keeps breaking on us

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

^^^^ For a $10 app they better upgrade!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone interstink's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess in the day of $0.99 apps, $10.00 seems like a lot. I still have a $99.00 app for an Old Windows mobile phone that didnt work when I updated to 6.5 and guess what, the dev "no longer supports Windows Mobile". I count us lucky $10 is a lot for an app, it could have been much different.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JesseTron View Post
    I want my money back if it's not going to be updated. Kind of janky. Great when it worked.
    It's fixed! It's fixed!

Install and reboot! I'm using it right now!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,119 Times in 2,708 Posts

Happily tethering w the trial version, I'm keeping this one! (Posted while tethering with MyWi).

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

3.2 Updates
    =================
    - Fix for DNS assignment on some phones
    - Fix disconnect for phones running 3.0
    - Fix/Repair MMS
    - Fix disconnect not being able to browse the web with iPhone
    - Fixed MyWi requiring respring/reboot
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

aSkAgEEk (10-17-2009), tys (10-17-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll give it a try... thanks for being so responsive

Bluetooth working!
    USB working!
    WiFi working!

Time to BUY!

Just one thing that needs to be fixed is Up and down display is not working when springboard is active when tethering with USB and Bluetooth

Need a way of resetting BW usage and the maybe a throughput meter

Thanks Again
    Last edited by aSkAgEEk; 10-17-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I was having MMS problems
    After installing version 3.2, everything was working perfectly...wifi, tethering..everything, but then I realized I had stopped getting MMS. I saw that the newest update was supposed to fix that issue, but it still didn't seem to be working. I read earlier in this thread to try resetting the network settings. I did that and MMS started working again. I restarted MyWi to make sure it didn't break the MMS, but everything still works great.

This app alone was worth jailbreaking my iPhone for!!! I was slightly nervous at first, but now there's no looking back

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default me too!
    3.2.4 MMS stopped working.. Wont send or receive! Tried edit my settings again but no luck, Please fix it, payed for it.

3GS 32GB 3.1.2 Blackra1n, Factory unlocked. Carrier 5.0 file

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

have you tried to update your carrier file to the current At&T US 5.6?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As a basis of comparison....

Everything is working for me on MyWi 3.2.4. I have a 3GS 32GB running JB 3.1 (not 3.1.2), unlocked, using Carrier 5.5, MF 04.26.08. I tested the BT, WiFi and USB. All worked fine. As expected, BT was the slowest and USB was the fastest.

However, as others have noted, MyWi 3.2.4 broadcasts as an ADHOC network connection. It does not show up as an INFRASTRUCTURE connection.

One interesting note. I was able to send and receive SMS and/or MMS messages with other iPhone users. But when I sent an MMS from my Verizon 8330 Blackberry to my iPhone where the picture was anything higher than 640X480 (.3 MP), the MMS would not be sent. That's not the iPhone's fault. That was Verizon's. But other people might see similar confusion.
    Last edited by SteveNYC; 10-23-2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: added detail

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Will AT&T charge us
    Will AT&T be able to track this and charge us for this?

Aaron

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amoses View Post
    Will AT&T be able to track this and charge us for this?

Aaron
    I have been tethering my phone for almost a year now and my AT&T bill always says "unlimited". It does not list minutes at all.

We all pay for unlimited data plans. You can't have an iPhone account without it - which is why they continue to delay tethering. The release of MMS brought them to their knees in some markets. They have openly commented that they are unsure if their network can handle the load if everyone tethered. The question [to AT&T execs] is how many of us will actually use tethering and how often?

When I am out of town on business, I use my phone as an internet connection exclusively. The USB connection rocks! And when I need to, I share my connection via wifi.

But when I'm home, I don't use my phone any more than checking my email at lunch or reading RSS during meetings.

I doubt that it will make as much of an impact on their system as they fear.

Now if everyone cancels their DSL and cable modems... that would be another story. The throughput is good - but its not that good!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

MyWifi from RYP works well after an easy installation.

Tethering with USB works too!

Tethering with Bluetooth works sometimes only - I think it's setup problem with notebook's BT. I am amaze when my notebook (connected via wifi network)can surf.

Can someone tell me whether if the iphone can surf with MyWifi app switched on? Is that possible.

Let me clarify: I am amazed that my notebook can surf after the notebook's wifi connect to the network created by iphone's MyWifi.
    Last edited by johnsonong8; 11-05-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonong8 View Post
    Can someone tell me whether if the iphone can surf with MyWifi app switched on? Is that possible.
    The iPhone continues to function as usual even while supplying connection to your laptop via wifi, usb, or bluetooth. I have been known to surf and talk on the phone while doing the same on my laptop.

Naturally the larger the number of users, the slower everyone's overall speed will be, but I often use it with 3 or 4 people at the same time without problems.

Keep in mind that supplying wifi to a number of people will suck the battery dry - so plug in your phone! I always use usb because its faster (and that supplies power), but adding wifi and several users will drain the battery faster than it can charge. Keep an eye on it if you have a half a dozen users and expect to use your phone later.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply - it answers well - extra, useful and accurate information. It's from user experience.

I read that Apple will respond to "jailbreaks". I think Apple has to consider that sales of their products like Macs and iPhone has enjoyed success due the many apps in the stable of RYP and Cydia. Apple can respond or react in a positive way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great app. I'm loving the wireless teathering. I moved from verizon to ATT about a month ago due to cost and i wanted and IPhone. I will say ATT 3g internet speed is great here in Denver. right now I'm pulling 3 to 3.5 megs down and about 300 to 700 k up. Again great app.