Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ringtone no change

Default Ringtone no change
    I have a iphone 4 IOS 4.2.1, i have paid for Myprofiles, i defined two profiles with two diferents ringtones, but when i change a profile always sound the iphone ringtone default, so the ringtone never change.
    Sorry for my english.

Have you got bitesms or other SMS (especially one that overrides apple's native sms) application installed? If you do, then that's your problem. Go into settings in bitesms and under ringtones, change the default to whatever you want.
    You should be ok.

Thank you for tour repply, but i have not installed any Application overrides the native SMS. Only Whatsapp but no overrides SMS.

Sorry i forget to say you: my problem is with the ringtone no with the SMS or email tones. Thank you
    Last edited by vam2010; 02-10-2011 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Pelase help. I have installed the trial version in other iPhone 3GS and ringtone no change in the differents profiles, so i think the 4.4.1 myprofiles no run correctly in os 4.2.1 iPhone. Someone can confirm me?

Question Ringer not silencing 4.2.1
    I also have the same problem - the phone ringer wont silence even when the profile is activated. Profile activates properly, no ringer override programs are installed, and bitesms ringer control is off. Why wont the phone go silent when the profile is enabled - the whole point is i dont want to use the switch...

Where is the developer? We need help plesase.

Angry Ringer not silencing 4.2.1
    Also for a little more info...

iOS is 4.2.1
    MP is 4.4.1

..and I just installed Auto Silent - which silences everything properly.

I have uninstalled ALL of my apps and reinstalled one by one starting eith MyProfiles and it did not work.

After installing most everything back, i installed auto silent - which works. I then tried My Profile - NG, then removed and reinstalled My Profile - still NG, although Auto Silent still works.

Looks like My Profile does not work on 4.2.1 - I would caution anyone not to purchase until this has been resolved.

More information: i have installed my profiles in a new iPhone only with the Jailbreak done and no run correctly, so or Jailbreak with greenpoison is the cause, or my (4.4.1 compatible with 4.2.1 iPhone) no run in a 4.2.1 iOS.

I guess I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm still on a trial period, but I don't think I could pay for this since the main reason I want it is to adjust the volume under certain circumstances so I don't have to do it manually several times every day. I had this functionality on my Droid, and when I got my iPhone this is the first function I had to find a solution to. Thought I found one, maybe not.

PS- iPhone 4 - 4.2.6 (VZW)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberiaRob For This Useful Post:

vam2010 (02-18-2011)

I've also noticed that the ringtones don't change. Sorry I can't be any help.

The same here. When a contact has custom ringtone MyProfiles does not overide volume or ringtone.

Default From all the posts about this app....
    ... it would seemm that the current version is not working very well (at least with IOS 4.2.1). I purchased it myself (mainly for the repeat alert functions) and couldn't get it to do anything it was supposed to do. Rather than go into all the details of my problems I'm just going to assume that the current release is not usable (at least for me), and wanted to ask a couple of more basic questions:

> Does anybody know if the developer is working on an update to fix these problems? I've emailed them twice with no response.

> OR, does anybody know any tricks to get the repeat alerts to work? I was intrigued by one of the posts here that involved someone going into one of the app's files and editing something to fix an error.

> OR, does anybody know of any other app that does repeat alerts (email, text, and missed calls) in a reasonable reliable way?

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by wmahvd View Post
    ... it would seemm that the current version is not working very well (at least with IOS 4.2.1). I purchased it myself (mainly for the repeat alert functions) and couldn't get it to do anything it was supposed to do. Rather than go into all the details of my problems I'm just going to assume that the current release is not usable (at least for me), and wanted to ask a couple of more basic questions:

> Does anybody know if the developer is working on an update to fix these problems? I've emailed them twice with no response.

> OR, does anybody know any tricks to get the repeat alerts to work? I was intrigued by one of the posts here that involved someone going into one of the app's files and editing something to fix an error.

> OR, does anybody know of any other app that does repeat alerts (email, text, and missed calls) in a reasonable reliable way?

Thanks for your time.
    notifier+ will get you repeating alerts.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tdamocles For This Useful Post:

wmahvd (03-24-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

I was told by the developer that the trial version is not the most recent version so I purchased the app and it works every now and then. Not consistently. It appears to always silence the ringer and keyboard clicking but never the sms or emails. Not sure why. I have the verizon iphone 4 on 4.2.1.

Thanks tdamocles,

In my searches I had seen references to other Cydia apps that might do proper repeat notifications, including notifier, OpenNotifier, and lockinfo, but hadn't been able to find much info on any of them. On your recommendation I tried notifier+ first, and to my pleasant surprise it actually seems to work reliably :-).

So with this app (and sbsettings) my iphone finally has the basic features that any cellphone should have. How silly of me - thinking I could just buy an iphone and it would do what it was supposed to do right out of the box....

Thanks again.

Default droid to iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberiaRob View Post
    I guess I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm still on a trial period, but I don't think I could pay for this since the main reason I want it is to adjust the volume under certain circumstances so I don't have to do it manually several times every day. I had this functionality on my Droid, and when I got my iPhone this is the first function I had to find a solution to. Thought I found one, maybe not.

PS- iPhone 4 - 4.2.6 (VZW)
    I too, switched from droid to iPhone...did you ever find a good solution for volume /alert situation?

Does anyone know if this application is still being developed? It seems there are common issues numerous people are experiencing however no updates from the developer. I too am experiencing the issue with the ringtone not changing or going silent when configuring a profile to do so.

Same problem, ringtones and other customizations don't override Iphone defaults. I thought it might have something to do with the "System Default" profile, but no matter how I configure it, the ringtone stays Iphone default.

Same problem as well.. I have emailed them 5 times with no response.. It seems they took our money for a product that is no longer supported/updated.. It did work for awhile until they updated intellishared and now i have a ton more problems.. Guess they only care about MyWi

Well, there might still be a glimmer of hope, found this on their Twitter page:

"intellibornco @_kayd_ We're getting a MyProfiles update underway (but it's slow as it's a very complicated app with a lot of use cases)"
    about 1 month ago*in reply to _kayd_

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast