+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Profiles & SMS Issue

is a discussion within the

MyProfiles

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Running MyProfiles 0.95.2 I've noticed that when I set my Night Profile that eMail and SMS do not notify (as I have specified) EXCEPT when I am in the SMS
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Profiles & SMS Issue
    Running MyProfiles 0.95.2

I've noticed that when I set my Night Profile that eMail and SMS do not notify (as I have specified) EXCEPT when I am in the SMS screen the handset will still buzz when I receive an SMS (if in silent mode) and/or will give the little zoom sound when sending/receiving an SMS. If I manually set the setting to no sound, then this behavior does not happen.

Help is appreciated.
    Evolution of an iPhone User:
    Pager -> StarTac -> Other Moto Phones -> BlackBerry -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G --> iPhone 3Gs --> iPhone 4 --> iPhone 4S --> iPhone Implant?

Evolution of a Mac User:
    Apple ][+ -> //e -> IBM PC DOS -> Fat Mac -> Mac SE -> Windows -> Win 95 -> Win 98 -> Win 2000 -> Win XP -> Mac OS X --> Mac OS XI - Someday

iMac 27" Core i7 (2011) - MacBook Air 13" (2011) - iPad 2 32GB WiFi - iPhone 4S 32GB

Green Apple
    Thanks
    There is another thread on this, and yes this is a problem with MyProfiles. I haven't seen anyone comment that there is a fix for this. Everyone is having this problem.

There hasn't been any updated info from the RYP guys, so I'm guessing that when Apple changed the Messages app to include MMS and video (later for us AT&T people) that this is causing a recognition problem with the SMSs. Hopefully they're working on it and will have it fixed soon. If you're like me, the vast majority of my messages are SMSs, I get about 30 a day.