+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with GPS locations

is a discussion within the

MyProfiles

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
I've used Rock Your Phone and MyProfiles for over a month now, and love the programs. I've had a GPS issue since the beginning though, and I'm wondering if anyone
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Problems with GPS locations
    I've used Rock Your Phone and MyProfiles for over a month now, and love the programs. I've had a GPS issue since the beginning though, and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.

When I create a GPS location, it works fine. But when the engine attempts to get the current GPS location, it doesn't work. The Engine Log simply show two starting location service calls, then a stopping call with no location about 45 seconds after the start. When I use the system log viewer through the RYP app, it shows that every second it's waiting for the GPS location response, but it never comes.

I was originally using TMobile, but recently switched to AT&T. I've tried restoring the phone and using the RYP unlock in the app, but nothing has made this work.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Same problem with brand new 3GS
    Even though no one has posted on this thread, I'll add to it...

Just bought a brand new 3GS, JB'ed it and installed MyProfiles. Have the exact same problem with the GPS. It will let me set the location, but when it attempts to get a response to check rules, it gets no location response. So I'm 0-2 on phones with this one.

I have tried playing with the Reset Location Warnings. I get an error if I hit No, so I know the engine has the permission to check the GPS. It just doesn't work.

Can't believe I'm the only person with the problem...

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

Hey Jimmy - you're not the only one - but haven't figured out why it works for most but a few. I will look into this in the upcoming couple days. Thanks for your persitence
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

jimmythebook (07-07-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes peeled...

psuskeels - you guys do an awesome job with great apps, keep it up!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll add to this one. I'm having the exact same issue. I love the idea of this application it just needs a little polish i think. I would also love an audible tone when it switches profiles.
    32GB Black 3G[S]
    Blackra1n'd RC3