Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missed Call Alert and Ringtone Issues

Unhappy Missed Call Alert and Ringtone Issues
    Hi there! Recently sent an email directly to Intelliborn about this, but thought I would post it here as well, in case it might help others resolve these same two issues. So, here they are:

1) with Rules Engine OFF, and Profiles/Alerts correctly configured, I test things, and both email and text alerts work fine--awesome. However, missed calls do not trigger missed call alerts--not great. and...

2) imported ringtones are listed with strange all-caps names (file names for ringtones sync'd from iTunes to iPhone are not respected within MyProfiles.

Your help solving these problems will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Looking into Phone calls - and imported Ringtones working on
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks! FYI, for the missed calls part, I had previously wanted to have all missed calls trigger an alert, regardless of caller. So, I hadn't added a Sender Group under the Alert On section of the Missed Call config screen. I figured, just for testing, that I'd add a Sender Group, to see if then I at least would get alerted of missed calls from that group, and presto! Yes, at least then it seems to work ok. But then that means that, if I would rather not just receive missed call alerts from sender groups, but would like to simply receive them for all possible telephone callers, there is no way to do that, which is too bad, I think. Possible easy fix though, I'm guessing, since, with SMSs (texts), my intuitive first guess of not adding a Sender Group under the Alert On section of the SMS Alert config screen worked just fine. In other words, by not specifying the group of individuals that I want to have trigger an SMS alert, I get alerts for all possible SMS senders, which is what I wanted in this case. So, I'm guessing, if it is possible to do this now for SMSs, then it should be simple enough to set for phone calls, yes? At any rate, thought I'd pass this info along, in case it helps you guys to more easily pinpoint what the issues are with this. Thanks again for your reply!

Thanks it does help without having to test . The original design for both was to require a group. We added a check in SMS, and later removed it and allowed all SMS messages to have an alert. We need to do the same for calls it seems . Thanks!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks much for the prompt reply, you guys are awesome!