+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Data App?

is a discussion within the

My3G

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Hi peeps. Long time lurker. Does anyone know an app I can use to disable WIFI for an app? I have a couple apps that can't/I don't want going out
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPad Data App?
    Hi peeps. Long time lurker.

Does anyone know an app I can use to disable WIFI for an app? I have a couple apps that can't/I don't want going out over my WIFI connection and I'd like them to not even try and just go out over the 3G/LTE connection on my iPad.

Also, I have some data hungry apps that I'd like to block altogether over 3G.

Any apps out there that solve these problems?

I checked out 3G Unrestrictor and My3G, but neither do what I'm looking for.

Nate

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, you can use Car Mode to toggle wifi, bluetooth and location while also launching upto two apps. An activator action can then be set to toggle your settings & apps on and/or off.

You can also use App Activate to choose activator actions when double tapping an app. So if you wanted wifi off when launching Maps, set App Activate App1 to Maps and then goto Activator, Anywhere, App Activate App 1 and again select Maps and also Switches (Deactivate) wifi and (Activate) 3G. Now if you double tap on Maps, Maps will launch, wifi will turn off and 3G will turn on.

Also, with Smart 3G + LTE, if you toggle wifi off, 3G turns on and if you toggle wifi on, 3G turns off.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Dave, but I'm looking for something I can set and forget. Like a firewall app for individual apps. Allow/block certain apps to use cellular. Allow/block other apps to use wifi.

Advanced features could include maybe even throttle, allow an app to only use xxx mb of cellular per day, etc. Maybe even a calendar for scheduling or the option to say this wifi network, but not that one.

I don't need the advanced features, but the basic features is something I'm really looking for.

Edit: ooo, I just found Firewall iP. It might do what I'm looking for. After I try it out, I'll post my findings.

Follow up: Firewall iP has the ability to block apps from using cellular data, but not the other way around. I'd like the ability to block apps from using my wifi connnection.
    Last edited by washor; 08-02-2013 at 10:21 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, Yes, I forgot about Firewall IP, maybe the author could add the condition you are wanting.
    There is a tweak called Carnitine which enables you to turn Wifi on/off when you start/exit an app. If you also installed Smart 3G + LTE then when wifi goes off, 3G would automatically turn on and vice versa.