Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reverse My3g??

Default Reverse My3g??
    Just wondering if My3g will also trick some apps thinking it's on 3g but still using wifi?
    Im in canada and Bell canada has a mobile app that you can stream tv shows and hockey games from but rather than use up my data on 3g is there any way of tricking it to think it's on 3G while using local wifi connection?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wader98 View Post
    Just wondering if My3g will also trick some apps thinking it's on 3g but still using wifi?
    Im in canada and Bell canada has a mobile app that you can stream tv shows and hockey games from but rather than use up my data on 3g is there any way of tricking it to think it's on 3G while using local wifi connection?
    Thanks!
    I'm not familiar with your carrier, but if they are anything like U.S. carriers, simply tricking an app into thinking its using WiFi instead of your carriers data will not prevent your carrier from knowing that you are using their data network and not a WiFi hotspot. If you are not connected to a WiFi connection, you are on your carriers data network. No in-betweens. Sorry.

The purpose of My3G is to allow WiFi apps to utilize their services over carrier data networks. Some examples would be, watching higher definition video on the YouTube.app. Downloading apps from the AppStore.app that are larger than 20MB. The Crunchyroll.app requires Wifi to watch their shows free and a paid subscription to watch over a carrier data network. With My3G, you won't have to pay anything to watch their shows.