Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Connect with FaceTime over 3G Using My3G

Default Can't Connect with FaceTime over 3G Using My3G
    I have My3G installed on my iPhone 4 and when I use FaceTime over WiFi it works fine but when I go to use FaceTime over 3G the phone thinks I'm in WiFi (thanks to My3G) but I am unable to connect to the other person. It just says connecting until finally after about 2 minutes it just says unable to connect. It doesn't even work if the other person is on WiFi. What can I do to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonials22 View Post
    I have My3G installed on my iPhone 4 and when I use FaceTime over WiFi it works fine but when I go to use FaceTime over 3G the phone thinks I'm in WiFi (thanks to My3G) but I am unable to connect to the other person. It just says connecting until finally after about 2 minutes it just says unable to connect. It doesn't even work if the other person is on WiFi. What can I do to fix this. Thanks in advance.
    Update your iDevice to iOS 5.0. FaceTime is now allowed over carrier networks.

Or

FaceTime may require a faster connection than your current carrier data service allows.

Or

Uninstall My3G > Reboot > Reinstall My3G. See if that fixes the issue.

Other than that, I'd have to say its the jailbreak that you used. Some jailbreaks don't fully access the iDevices iOS software and install Cydia apps properly.