+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: icon files in iOS 4.2.1

is a discussion within the

My3G

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
I've searched all through this site, and couldn't find a location for the icon files in iOS 4.2.1. I found the locations, and decided it was so ridiculous I should
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default icon files in iOS 4.2.1
    I've searched all through this site, and couldn't find a location for the icon files in iOS 4.2.1. I found the locations, and decided it was so ridiculous I should post something on here for anyone repeating my search. It's bad news friends, all of the icon.png files are located under their individual pathways,

var/mobile/Applications/

and then you'll have to open each individual folder to search for the app you wish to change. An example would be;

0B6F74FD-10B3-43E4-9A30-ED385DE3D71A.

And if you have that one, it's because you have the application "Camera Plus", which you'll see a folder for. After you open that folder you'll have to find the icon.png, and replace it with a new icon.png of your choosing. If you're using an iPhone4, you'll be replacing the icon @ 2x.png, or icon-iPhone @ 2x.png, IF there's one available. It's taken me half an hour to figure this out, and it'll take hours to systematically replace all of my icons... I believe I'll pass on that and keep using a pre-installed theme.

Nevertheless, I decided to share the pathway for anyone else interested. If this is in the wrong thread, please move it. I simply couldn't find a thread for iOS 4.2.1.

I hope this is helpful for someone else!
    Last edited by KaceyK; 01-26-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Ammending to include iPhone4 file extensions.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KaceyK View Post
    I've searched all through this site, and couldn't find a location for the icon files in iOS 4.2.1. I found the locations, and decided it was so ridiculous I should post something on here for anyone repeating my search. It's bad news friends, all of the icon.png files are located under their individual pathways,

var/mobile/Applications/

and then you'll have to open each individual folder to search for the app you wish to change. An example would be;

0B6F74FD-10B3-43E4-9A30-ED385DE3D71A.

And if you have that one, it's because you have the application "Camera Plus", which you'll see a folder for. After you open that folder you'll have to find the icon.png, and replace it with a new icon.png of your choosing. If you're using an iPhone4, you'll be replacing the icon @ 2x.png, or icon-iPhone @ 2x.png, IF there's one available. It's taken me half an hour to figure this out, and it'll take hours to systematically replace all of my icons... I believe I'll pass on that and keep using a pre-installed theme.

Nevertheless, I decided to share the pathway for anyone else interested. If this is in the wrong thread, please move it. I simply couldn't find a thread for iOS 4.2.1.

I hope this is helpful for someone else!
    Winterboard themeing is loads faster than what you have described above. Winterboard is already set up to theme any and all icons including iPad and iPhone 4/S. I modded 27 icons in about 2 hours and used iFile to transfer them to my theme folder. I also modded a few app loading screens the same way. Go to the themeing forum here at ModMyi.com and learn the folders you'll need to set up. There's only one folder for your icons and the png file name must match the app name (this includes @2x.png files).
    Last edited by Hillefied; 11-28-2011 at 02:30 PM.