+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are the My3G problems still prevalent?

is a discussion within the

My3G

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
I tried using My3G to do facetime with my wife yesterday (September 20) and couldn't get it to work. She was in a hospital bumming off the hospital's wifi (she's
    Thanks

Default Are the My3G problems still prevalent?
    I tried using My3G to do facetime with my wife yesterday (September 20) and couldn't get it to work. She was in a hospital bumming off the hospital's wifi (she's not jailbroken) and I was at work testing out My3G.

I placed the facetime call and she received it and tried to answer, but it spent about 1-2 minutes trying to connect before I finally canceled it. I then enabled my wifi at work, but still couldn't get facetime to function. This is when I got on this forum and saw that virtually everyone was having problems with My3G.

When we both got home I disabled my wifi and tried another facetime call with her via My3G and it worked like a charm. After My3G worked, I tried again with wifi to see if I was cut off at one minute, and I wasn't. Both facetime methods worked as advertised.

I can't see any reason for this to make a difference, but would the fact that the phones were in the same room affect how well facetime works with wifi & My3G?

I'm running My3G version 4.3.6

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've never had ANY problems with My3G or FaceTime.

Thanks

Hopefully with the more recent updates they've remedied the problems that the other threads are complaining about.

I did reinstall My3G before I got it to work at home. maybe that fixed it.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

AUZambo: Sorry your wife is in the hospital Any issues as you described is due to network connectivity and has nothing to do with My3G. Glad it worked later
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks

I thought facetime is only meant for iPhone4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    AUZambo: Sorry your wife is in the hospital Any issues as you described is due to network connectivity and has nothing to do with My3G. Glad it worked later
    Thanks for the kind words...but she's a nurse. We were trying it out during her lunch break!

Quote Originally Posted by eddietah View Post
    I thought facetime is only meant for iPhone4
    It's confusing....but My3G is a cydia/Rock app that tricks your phone into thinking that the 3G data connection is actually a wifi connection, allowing you to use wifi-only apps over 3G.