+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My3G and YouTube: Doesn't Work

is a discussion within the

My3G

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Is anybody else seeing a problem where My3G is not working with YouTube videos? I've unchecked and rechecked the YouTube option in the My3G app list. No dice. I've uninstalled
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default My3G and YouTube: Doesn't Work
    Is anybody else seeing a problem where My3G is not working with YouTube videos?

I've unchecked and rechecked the YouTube option in the My3G app list. No dice. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Soft reset and hard reset my phone. I still get the crappy 3G versions of videos even when running My3G. I can connect to WiFi and see the crisp HD-like video, then immediately turn it off and reload it to see the pixelated crap they stream on 3G.

Anybody seen this? Anybody have a solution? My3G works with the AppStore and iTunes Music Store, so I know it's "on" somewhere.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same problem here. seems that only app store and itunes is working for me. youtube and other apps are not working!!! damn! can anyone help me pls?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have this same problem and still have not found a fix for it. I emailed the support at intelliborn if i get a response from them I will post here.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I installed Rock and My3g and now all my facetime calls stall and fail at exactly 1 minute into the call. This happens on 3g as well as on wifi. Me, my brother and my girlfriend are having exactly the same problem. After 1 minute the call disconnects. I tried restore networks settings after installing my3g, I even made a full restore. Nothing works...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I used My3G with iOS 4.0 perfectly with all apps including YouTube. However, I finally got my iPhone 4 today, and I am seeing the same problem with My3G not working properly. Not sure if it is only with YouTube as I haven't tested it a whole lot... (The My3G version was the same on both devices by the way!)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i have the same issue with 3Gunrestrictor with youtube, but for FT calls, they have been working good...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    i have the same issue with 3Gunrestrictor with youtube, but for FT calls, they have been working good...
    yea, I had the problem with 3G Unrestrictor on my 3GS, but My3G does work with 3GS, just, for some reason not on iPhone 4 with some apps

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

It's a network/connection issue. Granted - you'll see the same issues with 3GUnrestrictor because they copied the My3G implementation (confirmed by sources that took part)
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    It's a network/connection issue. Granted - you'll see the same issues with 3GUnrestrictor because they copied the My3G implementation (confirmed by sources that took part)
    I am not cinvinced. After My3G not working for me I went ahead and tried out 3G Unrestrictor, and this, it works flawless for me!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NozzyEz View Post
    I am not cinvinced. After My3G not working for me I went ahead and tried out 3G Unrestrictor, and this, it works flawless for me!
    Exactly the same for me.
    Well people, to me it is the ROCK app. I installed MY3G and bought it. The problem of the Facetime disconnecting after 1 minute is there. We (My brother and me) then proceed to uninstall MY3G, and use WIFI, it disconnected after one minute, even with the system reboot. When we uninstalled Rock and performed a reboot to our iphones 4 Facetime over WIFI came back to normal.
    We then decided to buy 3G Unrestrictor, both of us were using FaceTime without any problems for more than 45 minutes over 3G. I then decided to try MYWI (installed it and the ROCK app) and the 1 minute cutoff issue came back. Only when ROCK was uninstalled everything worked OK over 3G with 3G unrestrictor. Everything was replicable with my fiancée iPhone 4. So, this was confirmed on 3 different phones.

I love MYWI, and I have recommended this app to all my friends. But MY3G under ROCK is buggy as we have all seen. I bought an APP that was and is advertised to make Facetime work over 3G and it does, but for over 1 minute.

To the developer, plase verify what makes 3G Unrestrictor works well and what makes MY3G unreliable under ROCK. Right now I had to uninstall MYWI and MY3G because of this issue.

@psuskeels -I know that during app developing you may encounter some bugs or stones on the way, but this have been going around for some time and you have received enough feedback from your costumers to see that this issue is real and that a “try rebooting your phone and see if it helps” is not enough for us.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyPR For This Useful Post:

celloman85 (08-29-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default MY3G Not working on you tube or other apps also
    Just got a big data bill.. for streaming 3-4 videos on youtube.. this dosent work.. why did i buy this then.. donno, any help is appreciated.. does anyone else have this issue of it not working.. any known fixes..?