+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbroke, added my3g, now facetime over wifi limited to 1 minute

is a discussion within the

My3G

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Okay I bit the bullet and jailbroke my phone so I could have Facetime action over 3g. I installed Rock and My3g and now all my facetime calls stall and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jailbroke, added my3g, now facetime over wifi limited to 1 minute
    Okay I bit the bullet and jailbroke my phone so I could have Facetime action over 3g. I installed Rock and My3g and now all my facetime calls stall and fail at exactly 1 minute into the call. This happens on 3g as well as on wifi. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Me and my friend had this exact same issue.

So I removed Mobilesubstrate through ROCK which forced a removal of My3G. Then I reinstalled my3g again through ROCK and it seems to have fixed it... for me anyway, I can facetime with another friend for 15 minutes and no disconnects.

My friend completely restored, updated to 4.0.1, JB, then install my3G and is having the same problem with facetime disconnecting after 1 minute.

Any ideas? This seems to have only happened since today's (or yesterdays?) my3g and mobilesubstrate update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deenie View Post
    Okay I bit the bullet and jailbroke my phone so I could have Facetime action over 3g. I installed Rock and My3g and now all my facetime calls stall and fail at exactly 1 minute into the call. This happens on 3g as well as on wifi. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution?
    I'm experiencing the same problem. However, when on the same network via wifi it does not disconnect... how convenient.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Me, my brother and my girlfriend are having exactly the same problem. After 1 minute the call disconnects. I tried restore networks settings after installing my3g, I even made a full restore. Nothing works...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same problem here, may numerous amounts of test calls and all drop within the 1 minute range. Started using My3G, uninstalled and went to 3Gunrestrictor and same problem. Very, very annoying. Anyone have a fix yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here and all coworkers with my3g and 3gunrestricter..... Any fix?

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

Sorry to say but it's a network issue. If you get too many drops - it disconnects.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@psuskeels - I am sorry, but I don't buy the excuse that several people (myself included) are having ALL of our calls drop after 60 seconds using either My3G or 3G Unrestrictor. Can you provide us some more details to support that statement?

Thanks - redbike2001

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well people, to me it is the ROCK app. I installed MY3G and bought it. The problem of the Facetime disconnecting after 1 minute is there. We (My brother and me) then proceed to uninstall MY3G, and use WIFI, it disconnected after one minute, even with the system reboot. When we uninstalled Rock and performed a reboot to our iphones 4 Facetime over WIFI came back to normal.
    We then decided to buy 3G Unrestrictor, both of us were using FaceTime without any problems for more than 45 minutes over 3G. I then decided to try MYWI (installed it and the ROCK app) and the 1 minute cutoff issue came back. Only when ROCK was uninstalled everything worked OK over 3G with 3G unrestrictor. Everything was replicable with my fiancée iPhone 4. So, this was confirmed on 3 different phones.

I love MYWI, and I have recommended this app to all my friends. But MY3G under ROCK is buggy as we have all seen. I bought an APP that was and is advertised to make Facetime work over 3G and it does, but for over 1 minute.

To the developer, plase verify what makes 3G Unrestrictor works and what makes MY3G unreliable under ROCK. Right now I had to uninstall MYWI and MY3G because of this issue.

@psuskeels -I know that during app developing you may encounter some bugs or stones on the way, but this have been going around for some time and you have received enough feedback from your costumers to see that this issue is real and that a “try rebooting your phone and see if it helps” is not enough for us.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

anyone find a fix for this ? My call fails at exactly the 1 minute mark.

I've tried to disable all mobile substates excluding 3g unrestrictor, rebooted, same thing, dead at the 1 minute mark

same results for wifi to 3g or 3g to 3g

i even reset network settings on both iphone 4's, dead at 1 minute

tried, My3G, 3G Unrestrictor and also FaceBreak

same results no matter what

HELP!!!!! please.....

anyone?
    Last edited by monica_69; 09-07-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My FaceTime keeps dropping out around 1 minute as well. Both MyWi and My3G worked perfectly fine on the trial versions and now that I purchased the apps, both of them are giving me problems. With the My3G trial, I was able to talk for unlmited minutes and now after a minute it freezes and drops out. And for MyWi, I can't connect my MBP anymore after I purchased the real thing. It only connects if I hook up through USB. I'm not happy right now to say the least.

Thanks

any update khaoticsquirrel ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default temporary fix?
    I'm having the same problems as well...

I'm wondering if I restore to a new phone, re-JB, install 3G unrestrictor, and don't even touch anything ROCK related... if i would still get the same problem.. If I remember correctly, I didn't have this problem when I initially JB'd...

anyhow.. I think I found a temporary solution to the 1 min cut-off... initiate a CALL first to the other ip4.. after the 1 min mark during the CALL, initiate FACETIME to the other ip4..

seems to work for me..

if anyone finds a real solution, please let us all know..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrahn1079 View Post

I'm wondering if I restore to a new phone, re-JB, install 3G unrestrictor, and don't even touch anything ROCK related... if i would still get the same problem.. If I remember correctly, I didn't have this problem when I initially JB'd...

anyhow.. I think I found a temporary solution to the 1 min cut-off... initiate a CALL first to the other ip4.. after the 1 min mark during the CALL, initiate FACETIME to the other ip4..

seems to work for me..

tried 1 minute voicecall then switched to FaceTime, call fails at the 1 minute mark

damn

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrahn1079 View Post

seems to work for me..

I did the full restore to 4.0.1 on my iPhone 4, then jailbreak (Jailbreakme) and then installed 3G Unrestrictor, everything worked fine, unlimited minutes. I think that even 3G Unrestrictor is through Cydia, it also installs Rock.

Then, since everything was working Ok, I decided to install MyWi since I paid $20.00 for it, BAM!! Goodbye Facetime unlimited through 3G, Rock was installed.

If anyone finds a solution please let us know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyPR View Post
    I did the full restore to 4.0.1 on my iPhone 4, then jailbreak (Jailbreakme) and then installed 3G Unrestrictor, everything worked fine, unlimited minutes. I think that even 3G Unrestrictor is through Cydia, it also installs Rock.

Then, since everything was working Ok, I decided to install MyWi since I paid $20.00 for it, BAM!! Goodbye Facetime unlimited through 3G, Rock was installed.

If anyone finds a solution please let us know.
    thanks for the reply... yeah.. i uninstalled mywi/my3g/rock.. deleted all the plist files associted with them in /preferences and now 3g unrestrictor works fine..

decided to go with pdanet.. F' rock and mywi.. too many problems..

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Crap App
    Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Sorry to say but it's a network issue. If you get too many drops - it disconnects.
    NOT A NETWORK ISSUE. I experience the freezing wether I am sitting beside my wife in my living room, when I am at work(across the city) or out and about on the road. Doesnt matter what time of day or what day. Doesnt matter if I call my wife on her IP4 or any of my other 3 buddies with IP4's. After 1 minute it freezes up.
    I have enough programming knowledge to recognize poor app programming in the code. This app needs to be fixed and the "powers that be" need to own up and quite blaming the networks.
    I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, many times and I get the same results everytime.
    I jailbroke and spent money on an app, with the sole purpose of being able to facetime over 3G and I cant. fix the issue or refund my money.