+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MY3G and FACETIME

is a discussion within the

My3G

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
No guarantees. When they updated MyWi, previous MyWi purchasers had to buy a new license. They were given credit for having purchased the previous license and were thus charged half
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

No guarantees. When they updated MyWi, previous MyWi purchasers had to buy a new license. They were given credit for having purchased the previous license and were thus charged half price for the new one, but they had to pay all the same.

They could do so for a new My3G, but as of yet, they haven't. It's their call, but I think I can safely say we hope they don't.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After upgrading to the latest version of My3G today my Facetime would not work on wifi OR 3G (it was never working on 3G with this app). I had to uninstall the app to see that my Facetime DOES work...the tried reinstalling the app again to see that then my Facetime DOES NOT WORK. Less than an ideal upgrade to fix bugs IMO. I have to leave uninstalled for now cuz I gotta have my Facetime!

Sharky

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey everyone...My3G worked great with FaceTime on 8/3/10, then the next day FaceTime wouldn't work over 3G or wifi and I was getting a error message in settings at the FaceTime tab that said "activiation unsuccessul". I had to uninstall My3G and reboot my phone several times just to get FaceTime working again over wifi. Would uninstalling Rock and then reinstalling My3G fix my problem? Also, I have no idea how to uninstall Rock. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya22 View Post
    Hey everyone...My3G worked great with FaceTime on 8/3/10, then the next day FaceTime wouldn't work over 3G or wifi and I was getting a error message in settings at the FaceTime tab that said "activiation unsuccessul". I had to uninstall My3G and reboot my phone several times just to get FaceTime working again over wifi. Would uninstalling Rock and then reinstalling My3G fix my problem? Also, I have no idea how to uninstall Rock. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    To uninstall rock: Cydia -> Manage -> Packages -> My3G (click modify at the top and then Remove button)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did that and it did uninstall my3g, I still have rock, though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya22 View Post
    I did that and it did uninstall my3g, I still have rock, though.
    Ooops, sorry I meant:

To uninstall rock: Cydia -> Manage -> Packages -> RockApp (click modify at the top and then Remove button)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanky you, I didn't see it in there the first time!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have never got My3G to work with facetime. I bought and installed My3g app on both of our Iphone 4s. 5 bars and 3g but get a high pitch noisy sometimes, other times I get Facetime unavailable.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I installed Rock and My3g and now all my facetime calls stall and fail at exactly 1 minute into the call. This happens on 3g as well as on wifi. Me, my brother and my girlfriend are having exactly the same problem. After 1 minute the call disconnects. I tried restore networks settings after installing my3g, I even made a full restore. Nothing works...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyPR View Post
    I installed Rock and My3g and now all my facetime calls stall and fail at exactly 1 minute into the call. This happens on 3g as well as on wifi. Me, my brother and my girlfriend are having exactly the same problem. After 1 minute the call disconnects. I tried restore networks settings after installing my3g, I even made a full restore. Nothing works...
    I'm having the same issues, I thought it was att kicking me off cause of too much usage.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

It's a network/connection issue. Granted - you'll see the same issues with 3GUnrestrictor because they copied the My3G implementation (confirmed by sources that took part). Try in a different location with better signal + no death grip
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't think that is right! No matter where I am FaceTime over 3G is 1 minute! Any other ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Your i4 can get full bars? I can't get mine over 4

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Raddpuppy For This Useful Post:

GeminiCurse (09-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What a F....ing Company selling products and they dont work.

no notice in cydia by now that declares ITS NOT WORKING BY NOW NEED AN UPDATE COMING SOMEWHERE.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND I HOPE INTELLIBORN GOES BANKROTT.

i had so many times problems with there programms, intelliscreen is also such a pain in the ***.

But the company is not answering any request, only autoresponder with link to faq's.

what a bad company.

We should boycott them all or take free products which are working, like lockcalendear

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem as Blade600rr06.

I'm currently using the trial and was wondering if it was "trial" related, but want to know before i shell out 4 dollars for something that isnt gonna work properly.

I have only tried with my iphone on 3g and the missus' on home wifi but after approx 1 minute of use it locks up having to end the call and redial.

Some more info from the developers would be great. Tried in a few areas many miles appart with full signal/3G still the same.

Also on O2.
    Last edited by slimady; 08-14-2010 at 05:23 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    It's a network/connection issue. Granted - you'll see the same issues with 3GUnrestrictor because they copied the My3G implementation (confirmed by sources that took part). Try in a different location with better signal + no death grip
    I'm inclined to believe what you're saying, because after all, you're the developer and have a great understanding of how the application ought to work along with any limitations.

Like everyone else here, I was only able to chat with my brother over FaceTime for approximately one minute before a forced disconnect. We both had My3G installed. Regardless of whether we initiated the connection, either via WiFi or 3G, our FaceTime sessions would disconnect after one minute.

We both uninstalled My3G and restarted. We then chatted over FaceTime for an hour, noting that during that time there were three instances where the video appeared to stop for a mere second or two, but would always resume with no disconnects.

I should also note that prior to uninstalling My3G, we tried selectively disabling it for the MobilePhone application, and even after a restart, the issue persisted. It wasn't until we completely removed the software that FaceTime worked reliably, and we confirmed it multiple times by ending and reconnecting the call (in order to rule out that it was coincidental).

As a developer myself, I would ask that you please try this:

- Confirm that you're able to communicate with FaceTime for periods exceeding 10 minutes reliably with both parties either on WiFi, 3G, or a combination of both.

If you're able to do this, then it's possible I missed something else in my attempts to isolate the cause. My phone was running the latest My3G binary at the time, as of yesterday. I have Bluetooth enabled but was not connected to any Bluetooth peripherals or devices at the time.

I will test My3G one more time to report whether or not it breaks FaceTime. First, I'll try a FaceTime call to confirm that it's still reliable. I will then immediately install My3G and report back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since installing My3G i havent uninstalled/installed anything, changed any settings, basically phone is as it was after installing My3G.
    Now when i make a facetime call to my missus or my dad(both on wifi and me thru 3G and all on iPhone4 4.0.1) the calls will end within a minute.
    That said when i facetime my dad both of us on wifi we can chat for ages, certainly longer than a minute.

Just to clarify i am using the 10 day free trial, but everyone else has paid for the app? And still having these problems?

The idea is a great 1 if it will work properly, and i'd certainly support the developer if these issues were rectified.

For me...

Wifi: facetime ok
    3G: facetime cuts off around the minute mark

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the same 60sec cut off on WiFi and 3G. I have the same problem with 3G Unrestrictor. I can normally solve the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling My3G or 3G Unrestrictor. But it eventually stops working again. This is without question not a network problem. If it was a network problem it wouldn't stop at exactly 60secs every time. I have experienced this from multiple locations on WiFi or 3G and have repeated it over and over and over and then reinstall My3G and follow up with a 45min FaceTime call. Yeah, no question it isn't a network problem.

I would love to know what I am doing on the phone that breaks it though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nightkeeper62's Avatar
    Thanks

I also installed My3G and it works with things like the app store and I have not had a problem with youtube. But I cannot use facetime what so ever. it shows the indicator that My3G is being used when I call and it rings once then says call failed. and when I am on wifi it does the same thing. I have to uninstall My3G in order to use facetime over wifi. This is really disappointing. I wonder why some are doing just fine, others only last a minute, and still others doesn't work at all?

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

The fact that it affects both My3G and 3G Unrestrictor may be moot - 3G Unrestrictor has admittedly stolen our code to implement Facetime over 3G(sad - it would have been nice to have a different implementation to compare with). That being said - I have experienced the 1 minute connection issue over 3G and retried and then it worked or moved locations and then it worked.

I have never had an issue with My3G on WiFi (i would love to have the problem to be honest so we could see the problem occur).

My opinion is there's too many people having issues for there not to be a problem. The question is - is it Apple/Network flaking out or is it My3G? I have tried many time over 3G and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (no reboots/no uninstalls of My3G/etc). I've asked some users to move physical locations/cell towers - and they report back that it then works. I'm tempted to believe this is a cell tower issue but at the same time - I'm interested in improving the user experience here.

If there's someone very technical around who could figure out how to get me into an SSH session on their phone and start testing - that would be extremely helpful (specifically someone with the issue over WiFi would be extremely helpful). This would require someone who understand how to port forward on their home router.

If you do have an issue - try rebooting your phone and see if it helps. When you uninstall My3G - it actually restarts some of the processes that run Facetime which is why some folks might be accidentally associating it with fixing the issue.

Thanks all!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!