+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will I be charged anymore using My3G app?

is a discussion within the

My3G

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
I have discovered how to use the sky mobile tv app on my iphone without wifi using a program called My3G. What I need to know is am I ok
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Will I be charged anymore using My3G app?
    I have discovered how to use the sky mobile tv app on my iphone without wifi using a program called My3G.
    What I need to know is am I ok to use this without being charged any other payment other than my O2 tariff and the monthly charge to use the sky app? I have unlimited internet bolt on but want to know if I am ok to use this program via 3G without upsetting the network provider and being charged more money?

Please help.

Thanks

Best to ask O2 direct mate, ask them if there is any cap on your data rate when using 3G, im assuming you have a 3G iPhone,, and are on a iPhone data plan (as the iPhones have their own rates/network useage etc)

Othing thing that might be effected are your battery,,, running flat out 3G for long amounts of time withough power = Dead iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks. I am a bit dubious about asking o2 direct as the app us for wifi only. They might not be impressed! They may also read between the lines and assume my iPhone 3g is jailbroken.

Thanks

I'm sure if you tell them your just going to hammer your 3G you should be fine sky player is from the app store so just explain that you don't need to say a thing about jb or anything like that

-DTM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks
    I rang o2 and the lady said there is no cap. I forgot to use sky player as an example but used YouTube instead. So from what you have said and what o2 have said I should be ok to watch football matches using the sky mobile tv app on 3g without any extra charge or problem from o2?

Thanks

should be fine mate,,, though if you do notice anything kick up a fuss with O2 about it, say your on an iPhone tarrif, so you have unlimited data and access, the Sky App is from the apple app store and it doesnt say anything about charging there,,,,,,,,, and if you really have to ask them what they are wearing

Enjoy mate, enjoy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Searched for sky player app but can't find it. Are you sure there is one? If you mean sky mobile tv app then this is only for wifi. Not supposed to be used on 3g?

Thanks

Bollards that might be the one,,, when i get in from work ill have another rummage around and see if i can see anything

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your help dantehman1
    I am still nervous about using this as I feel that o2 may still not be happy if I continually hammer 3G with this app (sky mobile tv app). I am not aware if there is any sort of fair user policy at o2?
    I have also discovered tvcatchup which allows you to watch tv programs on my iphone via 3G also.
    I would be gratefull if any one else can help with any more definative advice on the subject.
    Thanks.